OP
Matsterious

Matsterious

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Matt, if you do get the Thinkware U1000 you'll need to update it to the newest firmware. After you format the SD card download the firmware from the link below on to it. Insert it back into the camera and power it back up in your truck. It only takes a couple minutes to load it and the camera will confirm "upgrade is now complete" when done.

My camera wasn't going into parking mode. Of course they were closed and I had to wait until morning to find out it just needed the newest firmware. This way you don't have to go through the hassle of waiting like I did. :)

https://us.thinkware.com/product-page/u1000-download/
Thanks for the heads up. I never would of thought to update it's firmware!

Advertisement

FirstRanger011

First Name
Collin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4WD FX4
Last Friday I took a trip down to Galveston, TX for the entire week. While on the highway I decided to reset my trip and see what I was averaging for my MPG. After awhile, including some rush hour traffic, I decided to check where I was at and snapped this picture. 30 MPG! I think near the end of the trip after some stop lights and such I checked again and ended around 29 MPG.

IMG_3162.jpeg

OP
Matsterious

Matsterious

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Last Friday I took a trip down to Galveston, TX for the entire week. While on the highway I decided to reset my trip and see what I was averaging for my MPG. After awhile, including some rush hour traffic, I decided to check where I was at and snapped this picture. 30 MPG! I think near the end of the trip after some stop lights and such I checked again and ended around 29 MPG.

IMG_3162.jpeg
Nice to see a fellow Houston person on here. Maybe one day we can plan a trip to the beach or camp.

landiscarrier

First Name
Landis
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
Hmmm. The best I seem to get on the highway at 65mph is 25-ish. I am lifted 2" in the front with 1" wheel spacers and 93 octane unleashed tune.... so maybe that's hurting my highway MPG.

F150stxguy

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Not bad considering you were going over 80! I would drive 65 all day if the speed limit was around 65. Most the speed limits where I drive in Texas are 75 so i'm typically not driving very fuel efficiently.
i get why there’s 75 mph speed limits here, it’s so wide open and the state is huge. But I do miss my comfortable, relaxed drives in NY with the 55 mph and amazing gas mileage in a truck.

When I drive back home, I exit I20 right around Sweetwater and make my way up to Lawton Oklahoma. In between there’s some amazingly smooth roads, two lane with virtually no shoulder, that anyone in any state would be jealous of. But man, even though not a lot of traffic travel it, it’s still sketchy, you can relax and next thing you know you’ve got car barreling on your ass. 75 is never fast enough either lol.

I always get a kick out of threads from people from the south west who travel at 80+ mph and then bitch about horrible gas mileage. Used to see those all the time on the F150 threads.

I would love test out the next gen Ranger in the North East on 93 octane. Can’t wait!

OP
Matsterious

Matsterious

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
2021-04-02 17-33-32a.jpg

I've had several exceptional episodes, including this 75 mile trip that was mostly between 65 and 70.

This one included going up and down a mountain.

2021-04-02 17-33-41a.jpg
Those numbers are something to celebrate!

I just drove 200 miles with and avg speed of 75 and got 24.5 mpg in a FX4. My 2020 Ranger I had wtih 2WD would get 26-27 on that same trip going about 80. It's still hard to complain about 24.5 mpg in a truck with all terrians.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier
If anyone cares here's a comparison I just had....2019 xlt 4x4, stock tires lifted 1.8" in front an soft bed cover

Just drove from the Cleveland area to Louisville Ky area. 295 miles each way. cruise set on 75 most of the time. Dash showed 25.1 going south. Hand calculated was 25. Trip back showed 24.2. hit some rain an had some wind on the trip back.

Advertisement

Advertisement