First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XL STX Special Edition
Occupation
Letter Carrier
Average about 21.5 to 22 in town depending on how many idiots are on the streets when I commute and Auto Start Stop is disabled. Best highway tank was 27.7 done by hand calculation before the LA gridlock from Nashville down past Atlanta. I suspect I had better coming up from Kansas City as I pulled almost 200 miles off a quarter tank.
Sponsored

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
Barely above freezing now, last tank was 23mpg, summer gas is back?
When we left there was over 1/2 tank after my wife's weekly commute
showing 21mpg, then a 3 hr highway run brought it up to 23mpg.

Tow7500pounds

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 air-cooled VW camper, 2022 Ranger FX2
Occupation
Retired
So I just bought my 2019 Ranger in the middle of May. It's a 4x2 Lariat and has about 1,200 miles. I love everything about the truck but the gas mileage. So far i've been getting about 17.5 miles a gallon. I can from a Fiat that got 24 ish MPG on a consistent basis. Only thing i've done to the truck is put a K&N Air Filter. I drive basically to and from work and it's a combo of highway and city and the rest is basically city driving. I don't expect to get the EPA stated MPG but I think what i'm getting is pretty low. I do know there is controversy in regards to the Ranger's stated MPG. Just wondering if my MPG is normal or something that is abnormal. Please help me ease my fears.

ccasanova22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT Tremor
2022 Ranger Tremor. Can’t break 25mpg (hand calc) no matter what I do. Computer is a little on the optimistic side but real world I think 24.9 is the best my truck will ever get.

That’s 99% country roads, 45-55mph, no heavy AC or accessory use, lightly loaded with some cargo.

I still don’t know what the 26mpg+ people are doing to get their mpg. They must never stop, have no hills, and drive with a strong tail wind all day long.
Sponsored