First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
Keep rpms below 2grand and max speed below 68 and i have been getting 24 to 26 mpg.
In the city, i still get Ford Ranger gas mileage. Never cared before. But gas being 4.50 a gallon. I take much fewer trips
Sponsored

rcairflr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
retired
nything, so every few months i start fresh.

to me its pointless to do it from day one and never reset it.
the mileage in those first few hundred miles gives you quite a deficit on the average.
I have recalibrated mine and whether I refill after 100 miles or after 1500 miles, it is very close ( give or take .1-.2 MPG)

Justin says...

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT Lux
Occupation
IT System Analyst II
I wonder if there are any aero changes that will benefit mileage? Do skid plates help or hinder mileage? I can see how the front one particularly would direct airflow better under the vehicle but of course they also add weight. Perhaps the air dam would yield better results?

Last edited:

F150stxguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Just out of curiosity, I was reading Reddit and the Ford Mustang ecoboost forums because I want more info on the 2.3. Some of those guys with the fast back base model mustangs are getting mid 30’s highway mpg. Not just one or two, that seems to be easily attainable if you stay out of the turbo. That engine is rated at 310hp and 350 tq.

Just goes to show what part aerodynamics play at higher speeds (and much lighter weight).

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
Just put it in neutral on an off ramp or down hill, and neutral as you coast to a stop light or stop. My selector switch aint working so great any more ?
Sponsored