First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Update.. 1100 miles on my oil change took it back to the dealer who wanted to check it at 1k they said the oil was high and smelled like gas
The service adviser asked if they could keep it and contact ford for further information.. I left the truck there..

Oil level before I took it in..

PXL_20210511_175825580.jpg
That's not high, that's just fine.

2019 Ranger Owners Manual Page 259 - Oil Level.jpg
Sponsored

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL

N. J. Jim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired

CompDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat Rapid Red
Occupation
PAID GEEK
Update.. 1100 miles on my oil change took it back to the dealer who wanted to check it at 1k they said the oil was high and smelled like gas
The service adviser asked if they could keep it and contact ford for further information.. I left the truck there..

Oil level before I took it in..

PXL_20210511_175825580.jpg
Just was notified ford is replacing my high pressure fuel pump..

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
It helped alot for me but did not totally fix the problem. My level was going past the twist before HPFP change, now still rises to the top hole or a little above!!
That is what mine does too, Jim. Its weird how it likes to go a little above the top hole and stabilizes there.

SilverSlugger

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Baking
I am new on here, and have just read through a lot of this. Here is my take away.
I am going to get my oil changed every 5k, and do the other factory recommended crap. Other than that, I’m going to drive the hell out of it. If the motor blows, so be it. They can replace it under warranty, and if it’s out of warranty, guess I will have to pay for the replacement myself. I’m not going to worry about it at all. I’m just gonna drive it. I will for sure not be collecting oil samples, and smelling the oil every day when I get done driving it. It is what it is. She’s either gonna last, or she’s gonna blow.
Exactly.

GregsFX2Ranger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 302A 4x2 Rapid Red Black Appear Package
Occupation
Management
I am new on here, and have just read through a lot of this. Here is my take away.
I am going to get my oil changed every 5k, and do the other factory recommended crap. Other than that, I’m going to drive the hell out of it. If the motor blows, so be it. They can replace it under warranty, and if it’s out of warranty, guess I will have to pay for the replacement myself. I’m not going to worry about it at all. I’m just gonna drive it. I will for sure not be collecting oil samples, and smelling the oil every day when I get done driving it. It is what it is. She’s either gonna last, or she’s gonna blow.
Could not have said it better. I did change to full synthetic and simply not worrying about it. I might change every 5000 as well.

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
I had a 2011 Fiesta. I got Ford to replace the transmission - a 3-month ordeal - and then sold it. I put the BEST freakin' stereo in that car and I miss it to this day. That car was prime real estate for a stereo build, I tell you what. Anyway... thing handled great but that transmission was a joke.

GregsFX2Ranger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 302A 4x2 Rapid Red Black Appear Package
Occupation
Management
I had a 2011 Fiesta. I got Ford to replace the transmission - a 3-month ordeal - and then sold it. I put the BEST freakin' stereo in that car and I miss it to this day. That car was prime real estate for a stereo build, I tell you what. Anyway... thing handled great but that transmission was a joke.
The Ford PowerShift is a six-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission, a much different transmission in our trucks.

Reactions: Doc