2ford

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger
I thought there might be a TSB to reference
Unfortunately i don't think there is one yet. That's why if you have that issue you should report it. As I mentioned earlier read this thread so you have some good info when you see your dealer. Good luck and keep us informed of your results.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

2ford

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger
Well, been watching and following, to see if anyone has had any luck at the dealer level on this subject, I have not.

My rig has been sitting at the local dealer waiting on corporate to come to conclusion on a fix.
I will keep driving the loaner, sooner or later, I imaging something will come to a head?

2800 miles on the truck, have changed the oil twice (so three fills including the factory)
Oil samples on each change, results show high fuel dilution and low oil viscosity.
Dealer was notified at each change and sent results, they inspected the vehicle and concurs on the fuel dilution.
My breaking point was after the second change, turned a/c on and was pretty much over come in the cab by fuel vapor, truck went straight to the dealer.
That said, Corporate is hiding there head in the sand, and dealer has no resolution as of now.
If I hear anything, will post....

Threw a picture on of my catch can that I was emptying every 200 + or - miles pretty much gas with a hint of condensate and a bit of oil, yes I did sample this also and it was off the scale that the lab could sample.

20200305_170541.jpg
Sorry for your predicament. I dont understand why the dealer isn't attempting to fix it, What ever happened to diagnosis and repair like maybe replace the fuel pump. At least they kept it and gave you a loaner to use, that's better than some of the other dealer responses that have been posted. Good luck

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
quick question here....I heard these engines have forged pistons...they take a little longer to heat up an expand an seal (thinking back to my old 5.0 mustang days). could that play a part in this?

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired

Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew FX4
Just changed my oil (~6k miles) and it definitely smelled like fuel. Sending a sample off to Blackstone this week for analysis. Will report back.

quirkybar8

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2WD XLT
Just changed my oil (~6k miles) and it definitely smelled like fuel. Sending a sample off to Blackstone this week for analysis. Will report back.
Did you check the level prior to changing it? As has been discussed here, smell and oil analysis isn't likely to get your dealer's attention.

Da Ranger

First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Going back in tomorrow to have my level checked and an oil sample pulled. About 1.5 k on oil change. Dealer is wanting to see if it is overfilled and if viscosity has changed again.

OWSportninja

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport SuperCrew 2wd
Sorry for the crappy picture of a printout but this is the back and forth between the tech and Ford on my Ranger. They basically concluded it was fine and reasonable and that it was "doing its job" since I have no drive-ability concerns. So me being me said "F" it im just gonna send it. Filled up with 93 octane and re flashed my 93 octane tune from Torrie @ Unleashed and im just going to keep an eye on the oil level and go to 3-4k mile intervals on the oil changes.

RANGER REPORT.jpg

Da Ranger

First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Sorry for the crappy picture of a printout but this is the back and forth between the tech and Ford on my Ranger. They basically concluded it was fine and reasonable and that it was "doing its job" since I have no drive-ability concerns. So me being me said "F" it im just gonna send it. Filled up with 93 octane and re flashed my 93 octane tune from Torrie @ Unleashed and im just going to keep an eye on the oil level and go to 3-4k mile intervals on the oil changes.

RANGER REPORT.jpg
So Ford doesn’t recognize outside lab tests, but they refuse to do their own at my dealership.

Da Ranger

First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Had my sample pulled today at 1.5k. The level was up 1/8 quart and has absolutely no oil smell. Sending out tomorrow for analysis.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Had my sample pulled today at 1.5k. The level was up 1/8 quart and has absolutely no oil smell. Sending out tomorrow for analysis.
No oil smell... or no fuel smell?

1/8 quart... that's like 4 ounces? That's less than 4 shot glasses.

Your pulling our legs aren't you.. :clap:

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
No oil smell or no gas smell ?
Regards