Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
You don't have to sniff it. Just pull it out and the aroma is everywhere. To bad they took the lead out years ago.
Sponsored

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
When I change my oil, it's right at the top of the crosshatches. After a hundred miles or so, its up to the top hole.

Why does it rise? No idea but it doesn't go any higher than that.

Good for you than you do not have a issue and do not have to worry but that obviously isn't the same for everyone.

JustSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Well I made it to the twist. Got appointment with dealership on 3/14 to have them look at it. I still think I have a leaky injector and only goes up if it sets a few days. But we will let them deal with it. We will see what they find.
Please let us know if they do anything for you. The dealers in my area have been instructed by Ford to ignore the issue.

Tra1969

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor 501A and Tow
Occupation
Senior Manufacturing Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Please let us know if they do anything for you. The dealers in my area have been instructed by Ford to ignore the issue.
Will do. With my 2019 with the same issue, they had modified the the level had to be past the overfull “Hole” and not the top of the hash marks. This did not set well with the dealership but his hands were tied by FMC. So it will be interesting to see what he finds out on this one. Will let you all know after the appointment next Tuesday 3/14.

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
1678303905303.png

Tra1969

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor 501A and Tow
Occupation
Senior Manufacturing Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase

Well he did what I thought. Did oil change and marked the level. Told me to keep a eye on it and notify him if it goes over the overfull hole again. The same process as they did with the 2019 I had. If it goes up again then they will start with HPFP and injectors would be the next step. My dealership has been through this with my 2019 and a Explorer (with the 2.3l) that they actually got Ford to replace the engine on the Explorer. My '19 was no where near the issue the Explorer had with the fuel in the oil. It actually went up so fast that it got check engine lights and took out the cats in the process. I'm sure the dealership will try, but we all know they can only do what FMC allows them to do when it comes to replacing parts.

Added note: I seen a couple of 2024 xlt's when I was over in Detroit at a Burger King. My brother-in-law(that is a long time mechanic), noticed right of the back that the '24 motor running was 10x quieter(injector and HPFP noise) then our Gen, when it was running. He thinks Ford fixed the issues and is just not going to deal with our Gen do to cost. But they were a lot quieter running then ours are, but I had to play it off cause he is a Chevy guy and didn't want to take any Ford jokes from him:rolleyes:.

So if I get any more info or my level goes up again I will make sure I post it.

TheRealStreetcommander

First Name
Juvenile
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX STX FX4
Occupation
None of your business
Time for all you guys who legitimately lose sleep over “making oil” to just capitulate, and sell your Ranger for a Tacoma. Yeah, a Tacoma suits you better. I won’t judge you. Your loved ones might. This is an inclusive space.

TXRangerTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Time for all you guys who legitimately lose sleep over “making oil” to just capitulate, and sell your Ranger for a Tacoma. Yeah, a Tacoma suits you better. I won’t judge you. Your loved ones might. This is an inclusive space.
They better buy before Tacomas get updated with the turbo engine. Fuel in oil is common in turbo engines.

TheRealStreetcommander

First Name
Juvenile
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX STX FX4
Occupation
None of your business
We should start an oil and gas company. Ford Rangers are how we can produce oil and gas for wholesale distribution. They make so much extra, you couldn’t lose, right. One Ranger has gotta make at least, what, 10 barrels a day?
“Things are gonna be different this time, I can feel it”

TXRangerTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Tremor
Occupation
Retired
We should start an oil and gas company. Ford Rangers are how we can produce oil and gas for wholesale distribution. They make so much extra, you couldn’t lose, right. One Ranger has gotta make at least, what, 10 barrels a day?
“Things are gonna be different this time, I can feel it”
1678931299316.png

JustSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
In the next three to nine months, there will be a new Colorado, Tacoma and, yes, Ranger. Ford will no longer be competing with the long in the tooth Colorados and Tacomas. The new Ranger will struggle against the new impressively styled Colorado and a new Tacoma. I will be buying one of these three. What are the chances I will buy a Ranger giving how Ford has denied that there is a problem with my 2019 Ranger and instructed dealers to do nothing? Zero is the answer.

Friday yet?

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
They better buy before Tacomas get updated with the turbo engine. Fuel in oil is common in turbo engines.
Just curious about this statement. I bought my 2013 Focus ST new. Do my own oil changes. Have not once had the smell of gas in the oil nor has the oil level ever climbed. Not a single time. Knock on wood, but other than some door latch recalls and one engine harness recall ZERO issues. Engine has been and continues to be rock solid.

And just for my fellow forum members, my ST is red.
I know at least one of you just spit out your coffee. :LOL:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Just curious about this statement. I bought my 2013 Focus ST new. Do my own oil changes. Have not once had the smell of gas in the oil nor has the oil level ever climbed. Not a single time. Knock on wood, but other than some door latch recalls and one engine harness recall ZERO issues. Engine has been and continues to be rock solid.

And just for my fellow forum members, my ST is red.
I know at least one of you just spit out your coffee. :LOL:
Now all you need is a white vehicle to park in between them. ?

As far as the fuel in the oil mine has never had any. Granted I don't obsess over it but when I do check it or have it changed it's been fine. It's strange why some are doing while others are fine but it's not something I'd stress over and not common in all ecoboost. My buddy has 4 different ones all different motors/years and they're all fine. Another friend has two different ones and no problems there either.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Everyone needs to keep in mind that there have been exactly ZERO 2.3 Clevelands lost to an oil dilution issue. ZERO. It’s no wonder Ford has decided to ignore this..

Just because you “feel” like something is a problem does not actually make it a problem.

Your mama was exaggerating, You are not the center of the universe.

Friday yet?

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Your mama was exaggerating, You are not the center of the universe
"But what about all those attendance trophies?" ?

You need to put your words on t-shirts and sell them! Sad part is the very folks it addresses would never realize it was directed at them.
Sponsored