Free Sync 3 Navigation Map Updates (NA 1 18)

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
VER_ERR06
That's an ESN mismatch code. Can you provide a screenshot of the SyncMyRide folder, and the info from your IVSU Versions screen in the bezel diagnostics to see what is installed?

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
IVSU Versions screen?

TX214

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Analyst
Has this succeeded for anyone?

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Quick question. When it's updating the software, it should say "Updating System Software" up top the whole time, correct? (See example picture)

I see it for a brief moment on my display and then it goes back to displaying the time.

The USB became very hot to the touch after a while. It's a Sandisk Extreme pro 3.0

I used it before on my last update.

pic1.png

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
OK< here is what transpired.
The update is 2 parts. 1st part ran for ~10 mins and a screen popped up and left so quick I didn't see it. The radio rebooted and it said System Updated.
I pulled mem stick out and it kicked back the error 6.
So I started all over. It ran the first part in about 10 mins as well. But this time I caught the message. Something to affect the 2nd part will update when you restart your engine. Never saw that the first time. Maybe I blinked too slow...
The 2nd part ran ~ 20-22 mins. System finished and said I could remove the stick.
Did so, no errors. Restarted struck to take screen shots of about screen and IVSUs...
The about screen did not change anything from the old ones.
Still analyzing the IVSU to my old ones...

Update: Thought I had 3.4 ivsu screenshots but they were 3.3 so I can only go by that. But some did change. Just don't know which.

Last edited:

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IVSU Versions screen?
So, turn on the radio. Then, press and hold down both of the seek forward buttons, one on the panel one on the steering wheel. Hold for ~10 seconds. This will kick off the speaker walkaround test. End it. Then upper left, there will be a button for APIM, select it. Then lower right there's an IVSU Version button. This will show what all is currently installed. You'll need to scroll down to capture all items most likely.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has this succeeded for anyone?
Several now, yep.

Quick question. When it's updating the software, it should say "Updating System Software" up top the whole time, correct? (See example picture)

I see it for a brief moment on my display and then it goes back to displaying the time.

The USB became very hot to the touch after a while. It's a Sandisk Extreme pro 3.0

I used it before on my last update.

pic1.png
Yep, after you acknowledge the first message about things not working (because it deletes the nav voice data to make room for the map), it'll sit there like that. Then eventually it'll restart to finish the other pieces of the puzzle. On the whole it takes around an hour. You don't want to interrupt it or pull the stick early.

OK< here is what transpired.
The update is 2 parts. 1st part ran for ~10 mins and a screen popped up and left so quick I didn't see it. The radio rebooted and it said System Updated.
I pulled mem stick out and it kicked back the error 6.
So I started all over. It ran the first part in about 10 mins as well. But this time I caught the message. Something to affect the 2nd part will update when you restart your engine. Never saw that the first time. Maybe I blinked too slow...
The 2nd part ran ~ 20-22 mins. System finished and said I could remove the stick.
Did so, no errors. Restarted struck to take screen shots of about screen and IVSUs...
The about screen did not change anything from the old ones.
Still analyzing the IVSU to my old ones...

Update: Thought I had 3.4 ivsu screenshots but they were 3.3 so I can only go by that. But some did change. Just don't know which.
Did you have 19Q1 already on there from a 3.4 "upgrade"? If so, then it would explain the short install. It'll skip over what's there and just replace what it deleted. Just make sure all the packages are installed still.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
I was hoping for a straight forward update. Forget it. I’ll live with the maps I have. Come on Ford, you can do better.

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Several now, yep.

Yep, after you acknowledge the first message about things not working (because it deletes the nav voice data to make room for the map), it'll sit there like that. Then eventually it'll restart to finish the other pieces of the puzzle. On the whole it takes around an hour. You don't want to interrupt it or pull the stick early.

Did you have 19Q1 already on there from a 3.4 "upgrade"? If so, then it would explain the short install. It'll skip over what's there and just replace what it deleted. Just make sure all the packages are installed still.
Yes, 3.4 and 19Q1 prior to this. It installed something, not sure what. Sure as heck not my missing airport road. LOL.
At any rate, no errors. total time, 32 mins roughly.
Any ideas what that minor upgrade was for?

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, 3.4 and 19Q1 prior to this. It installed something, not sure what. Sure as heck not my missing airport road. LOL.
At any rate, no errors. total time, 32 mins roughly.
Any ideas what that minor upgrade was for?
In that case, nothing is different. It's the same files as you had prior. 19Q1 was not available as a public upgrade until the 29th of June. It likely deleted the gracenote and voice data, then just re-installed them.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I was hoping for a straight forward update. Forget it. I’ll live with the maps I have. Come on Ford, you can do better.
Same here. I just use my phone when I'm going to a customers house in a newer housing development. I don't see why this can't be updated easier like through wifi when you're parked in the garage.

bkosh84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Construction Supervisor
I seem to have issues with Sync even acknowledging my USB Drive. It keeps giving me an "USB Not Supported. Please Remove" error. I am using a Cruzer Glide 16GB, formatted to exFAT like it says, and placed the files on the drive correct (I think? See attached) per the Ford instructions (The three files from the Sync3 zip and placed the License File in the SyncMyRide folder).

Note, the below attached photos show the jump drive AFTER attempting to install the update. I also used a W10 laptop and Macbook to format/add files. Neither worked.

Jump Drive 1.JPG

Jump Drive 2.JPG