First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
1592634535637.png
1592634535637.png

Stockranger posted the Forscan codes to make DRL work when upgrading from XLT to Lariat headlights. This should be in here very helpful info
you can add them to the first post on this thread, it’s a wiki and editable by anyone.
Sponsored

FL.ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Anyone is the SW FL area that can perform some of these options? I would be wiling to pay for your time.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone is the SW FL area that can perform some of these options? I would be wiling to pay for your time.
I’d try posting this in one of the regional boards. It might get you some more hits since this thread is global.

Dennis Esler

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I have a '19 Lariat. Any way to program it to auto fold mirrors when ignition is turned off?

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a '19 Lariat. Any way to program it to auto fold mirrors when ignition is turned off?
Not possible without an add on module. That module has been discussed at length in other threads.

ford did not include the programmable module in the ranger presumably to save cost.

RangerFD

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Firefighter
No, it’s not possible. Not even through ForScan. You would have to buy a module and install it into the mirrors, but that’s near impossible to find in the US :/

WLFPIR8

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
whor.us
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4/Sport in Saber Orange
Occupation
Systems engineer by day, maker and multimedia guru by night.
Vehicle Showcase

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
I ran into an interesting quirk with the "Sound Location for Vehicle Chimes" setting. I had previously changed this to the internal speaker. When reverting all settings back to stock including a master reset of the Sync 3 system to make sure there wasn't an error made when enabling the Speed Limit Sign Recognition System, the vehicle chimes would not switch back to the default speakers.

This is the setting in particular
Sound Location for Vehicle Chimes

: 720-01-01 (2013+ MY) xxxx xxxX xxxx (IPC) 4 (Forwarded to ACM / Vehicle Speakers - Default) 0 (IPC Internal Speaker Only)
Note: IPC Only will NOT have automatic audio mute feature for chimes/warnings (Depending on firmware version)
I confirmed at least 5 times that the chimes location was set back to default power cycled the truck multiple times, drove it around, nothing worked. It refused to switch back no matter what I tried.

Then I found this thread Chime stopped playing through speakers on the Forscan forums when searching for this exact issue. Really? What the hell, why not. Nothing else has worked so far, might as well give it a shot.

So I pressed and held the OK button on the left side of the steering wheel, started the truck, and continued to hold it for about 5 or so seconds. To my surprise it worked! The "Do-Do-Do Chime" sound switched back to the default speaker.

No clue as to what all this action resets but works.

Last edited:

TheDrags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.25 Ranger XLS Sport
Hi all, had my first play today with Forscan in my 2020.25 Ranger XLS Sport (Australian model) using the latest version of Forscan, which has the friendly option listing rather than the hex code editing.

An interesting thing is that the climate view in the IPC is fully working in mine. I can change the temperature, and the corresponding change shows up in the climate section of the Sync screen, also changing fan speeds works too. The only thing you can't do is set it back to Auto from that screen.

Thanks for the site, and looking forward to having a bit more play! Turned on off road screen, power distribution, instantaneous fuel use, the climate addition so far, all work as expected. I hoped the option to tilt the mirrors down on reverse would work, but sadly that fails as an incompatible option. Assuming that's also a part of the plug in module for auto-folding mirrors possibly.

Haven't yet delved into the BCM area yet, as that to me is somewhat more risky, so will be doing a lot more reading and backing up before hitting that yet :)

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Hi all, had my first play today with Forscan in my 2020.25 Ranger XLS Sport (Australian model) using the latest version of Forscan, which has the friendly option listing rather than the hex code editing.

An interesting thing is that the climate view in the IPC is fully working in mine. I can change the temperature, and the corresponding change shows up in the climate section of the Sync screen, also changing fan speeds works too. The only thing you can't do is set it back to Auto from that screen.

Thanks for the site, and looking forward to having a bit more play! Turned on off road screen, power distribution, instantaneous fuel use, the climate addition so far, all work as expected. I hoped the option to tilt the mirrors down on reverse would work, but sadly that fails as an incompatible option. Assuming that's also a part of the plug in module for auto-folding mirrors possibly.

Haven't yet delved into the BCM area yet, as that to me is somewhat more risky, so will be doing a lot more reading and backing up before hitting that yet :)
That's because the worldwide version has a much simpler as built than the NA version.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Found a new option that can be enabled.

Enable Auto ReLock With Timer Duration (Works with Double-Honk Disabled)

BCM AS-Built
BCM - 726-15-02 0101-0101-0149 < Change entire line to this.
BCM - 726-21-01 xxxx-x1xx-xxxx
BCM - 726-38-02 xxxx-xxx2-xxxx

What this does is if the door(s) are unlocked but not opened then after 45 seconds the system will automatically relock the doors.

gmadams

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Super Crew XLT 4X4
PS - I also found this at the Explorers site:

BCM-726-39-01
XXXX X*XX XXXX = 0 - Always On, 1 - Timeout enabled

I didn't try this one, but I know there were a few of you out there that wanted the outlet to always stay on. This might do the trick for you.
Have you heard if this works on the Ranger? This is one of the changes that I am wanting to do once I get my cables.

d_ganggreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I have a '19 Lariat and need to get my climate back on screen. Can someone please post the correct changes?

Whiskeybilt

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
chef
Could someone dumb this really far down and explain exactly what it is to me?
Sponsored