First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I saw that today when I was adding the street signs. There were a few options, which ones did you use to turn on?
If i remember correctly I had to change a few digits to get the off road screen and Bambi mode to work. As for the terrain management that was as simple as going into the ips and enabling it.
Sponsored

d_ganggreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
If i remember correctly I had to change a few digits to get the off road screen and Bambi mode to work. As for the terrain management that was as simple as going into the ips and enabling it.
Hmm, ok I will mess with it tomorrow. I try to stay in easy mode and saw a few options for terrain and off road in there.

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired
I just downloaded my as-built while waiting on my ODB2 scanner to come in. Prime 7 day delivery... LOL. Don't know if it will help anyone or not but if it does, good deal.
How did you get a spreadsheet?? All I get is an .AB file which doesn't open ... help!!

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
How did you get a spreadsheet?? All I get is an .AB file which doesn't open ... help!!
Yeah me too! I'll have to try again. I want to use a spread sheet to track my changes and put notes for what changes what. Kind of like the F150 sheet but for what works on our Rangers

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah me too! I'll have to try again. I want to use a spread sheet to track my changes and put notes for what changes what. Kind of like the F150 sheet but for what works on our Rangers
The .ab file is just a text file - you can open it with notepad or a similar text editor. Here is what a small piece of it looks like:

<BCE_MODULE>
<DATA LABEL="7A7-01-01">
<CODE>0076</CODE>
<CODE>81DC</CODE>
<CODE>1497</CODE>
</DATA>

so the BCE moddule 7A7-01-01 key has a value of 0076-81DC-1497

Hope that helps a bit....

Bproctor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
NC National Guard
The .ab file is just a text file - you can open it with notepad or a similar text editor. Here is what a small piece of it looks like:

<BCE_MODULE>
<DATA LABEL="7A7-01-01">
<CODE>0076</CODE>
<CODE>81DC</CODE>
<CODE>1497</CODE>
</DATA>

You can also import it into excel and edit it. I separated all the sensors to make it a little easier for me.

<BCE_MODULE>
<DATA LABEL="7A7-01-01">
<CODE>0076</CODE>
<CODE>81DC</CODE>
<CODE>1497</CODE>
</DATA>

Here I have it sorted if this helps anyone.

Attachments

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

<BCE_MODULE>
<DATA LABEL="7A7-01-01">
<CODE>0076</CODE>
<CODE>81DC</CODE>
<CODE>1497</CODE>
</DATA>

Thanks,
I down loaded mine and formatted it in Excel. Took a while not as good with Excel as I use to be. I appreciate what you went through with yours. ?

I noticed something while comparing the as-built I downloaded, my current setup and my saved original backup. It looks like the at least APIM settings get back to Ford. I've done some mods to the APIM (Raptor Flash, Heated seat display, etc) and those changes showed up in the as-builts I downloaded today.

Big brother is watching us.?

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks,
I down loaded mine and formatted it in Excel. Took a while not as good with Excel as I use to be. I appreciate what you went through with yours. ?

I noticed something while comparing the as-built I downloaded, my current setup and my saved original backup. It looks like the at least APIM settings get back to Ford. I've done some mods to the APIM (Raptor Flash, Heated seat display, etc) and those changes showed up in the as-builts I downloaded today.

Big brother is watching us.?
I know! I know! What with The Covid isolation and recovering from a liver transplant, I got too much time at home with my truck and a computer. Got to keep busy and avoid the news on TV. can only work so much on the family tree.

GaryMc

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat RWD, 2019 Lincoln Nautilus
Occupation
Retired
I've looked through most of this forum, and even done a search but found nothing, so here's my dilemma. I would like to increase the number of blinks that the "lane change blinker" cycles on a partial push of the blinker. Factory default is 3, but I would like to change it to 5 or 6 blinks. Has anyone successfully made this change? I can go into the hex module below, and make the change, but it reverts back to the original values after I click on write, and then cycle the ignition button off and then back on. This was copied from the F-150 spreadsheet. Can this be done on the Ranger?

1595796046924.png

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I've looked through most of this forum, and even done a search but found nothing, so here's my dilemma. I would like to increase the number of blinks that the "lane change blinker" cycles on a partial push of the blinker. Factory default is 3, but I would like to change it to 5 or 6 blinks. Has anyone successfully made this change? I can go into the hex module below, and make the change, but it reverts back to the original values after I click on write, and then cycle the ignition button off and then back on. This was copied from the F-150 spreadsheet. Can this be done on the Ranger?

1595796046924.png
Wouldn't we all! Many of us would like to make this change. Nobody has been able to find where yet! ? There are enough differences between the F150 and the Ranger that only some of them from the F150 work. The ones that do and are verified are in the first post in this thread.

Good hunting.

GaryMc

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat RWD, 2019 Lincoln Nautilus
Occupation
Retired
Wouldn't we all! Many of us would like to make this change. Nobody has been able to find where yet! ? There are enough differences between the F150 and the Ranger that only some of them from the F150 work. The ones that do and are verified are in the first post in this thread.

Good hunting.
Oddly enough, the F-150 changes worked perfectly on my wife's 2019 Lincoln Nautilus. It's kind of nice having enough "blinks" to complete the lane change!

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Oddly enough, the F-150 changes worked perfectly on my wife's 2019 Lincoln Nautilus. It's kind of nice having enough "blinks" to complete the lane change!
Agreed, been wanting to increase mine since I got the truck. Don't know why Ford would remove or move that feature.

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I know some were asking for a printable copy and I tried to gather as much of this list from this thread as possible and attached it as a PDF file. Hope this helps.
Disclaimer: Use at your own risk, I will not be liable for your mistakes and/or damage.
Do your research and ask questions before you dive in.
Cheers

Attachments

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
Thank You!