First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4X4, FX4, Black package
Occupation
Retired Optometrist
I believe you need to save each module (ABS, APIM, BDYCM, FCIM, GWM, etc, etc, etc). I have 16 files that I saved from my initial work with FORScan. It really doesn't take that long - maybe 3 or 4 minutes.

It saves a text file of the original settings so that if you mess something up, you can easily reload EXACTLY what was set when you got your truck. It is an easy way to restore things if you make a mistake.
Ok, thanks. Can't hurt, so I'll just do it for each one separately then.
Sponsored

BJMartin

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2007 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Marketing Strategist
Do you have to have the extended license to access all these options? So far, nothing I have tried works at all with the standard license.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase

BJMartin

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2007 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Marketing Strategist

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks you for letting me know. I thought I was completely missing something. I was going to go ahead and pay for a year extended license, but not sure when my forscan forum account will be approved just to get to that part.
It is pretty cheap to buy a license but you can continue to get a "trial" license as many times as you want if you need to do more.

Sparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Greetings --

New 2020 Ranger -- Mfgr date of mid March.

Went to the Ford site and entered my VIN and got a file list of my As Build -- Printed out -- It's 16 pages.

Hooked up the laptop to the OBD2 port and initialized Forscan.

It's from this point I had several issues. 1st was backing up all the modules -- That didn't work. I did backup my As Built from Ford in 3 different places - Along with the print out mentioned above.

Moving on -- 1st change .. Auto Start/Stop. By the way -- I could not find a spread sheet for the Ranger - Let alone a 2020. I used one from the F-150 -- To source the codes. And -- There's an issue doing this .. ..

I'll describe just one change and the issues from doing this.

BCM Module: As Built Address -- 0100 0000 0179. To disable from the F-150 spread sheet the new address: x0xx xxxx xxxx. As you can see -- Only the 1st block of 4 numbers - The second number value change from a 1 to a zero. Easy so far -- Hit write and I get an error message that states something to the effect that the check sum value is in error and do I want to continue. I hit yes -- And it is successful - But there's an issue.

I then cycle the ignition and run the BCM module again and go check if my change did in fact take effect. I see that the 1 has been replaced by a zero -- Great .. .. But the last (3rd) block has automatically changed. Instead of initially reading 0179 it now reads 0178. To be clear -- I made no change to this block.

I made several changes today -- And almost every change I got that check sum error -- And I also got an automatic change to one value in another block on the same line.

I tested most of the changes -- And it seems the changes I made are in effect -- I'm happy with this.

Before I started to make any change I ran a system check of all modules -- There were no errors.

After making the changes today -- I again ran a module check and I now have an error.

FICM B113C:11-48

This is the Front Controls Interface Module and the fault code references the 4 way flashers and the switch light display on the dash - It has a short to ground. Pressing the 4 way flasher button on the dash -- The lights all flash at the 4 corners but the switch light is not lighting up. That's my take on the fault code.

I also could not go between modules -- Had to get out of the Forscan program and start it up again. Annoying - And it most likely is operator error.

One last point on using a spread sheet for another vehicle -- We really need one specifically for the Ranger. One change I was going to make was: Secure Idle Enable -- Mine came from the factory already with this option -- 1st block of 4 numbers - change the second digit to a 1 to enable .. .. Mine was already done.

At the end of the day -- I'm happy with the changes I've made so far -- Only a couple more that I would like to do and neither are on the F-150 spreadsheet but I did find one of the items earlier in this thread and I've made a note of the change I need to make to enable -- For another day.

My story for what it's worth .. .. Thanks

commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 - Gots mods
Occupation
Network Engineer
The values on the right are dependent on the blocks before it. The math is above my pay grade but that’s normal.

I changed the following:
Bambi mode
Disable auto stop/start
Disable hyper flash (untested since I don’t have led turn signal bulbs )
Disable doo doo doo sound

the only think I’m interested in is changing the number of blinks given when changing lanes. Default is 3 and I prefer 5. I changed this on my edge and mustang. I looked in the SCCM module but the values don’t match either what the edge or mustang had so I didn’t not change them. Hopefully someone smarter than me can figure it out.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Greetings --

Went to the Ford site and entered my VIN and got a file list of my As Build -- Printed out -- It's 16 pages.

It's from this point I had several issues. 1st was backing up all the modules -- That didn't work. I did backup my As Built from Ford in 3 different places - Along with the print out mentioned above.

Moving on -- 1st change .. Auto Start/Stop. By the way -- I could not find a spread sheet for the Ranger - Let alone a 2020. I used one from the F-150 -- To source the codes. And -- There's an issue doing this .. ..

BCM Module: As Built Address -- 0100 0000 0179. To disable from the F-150 spread sheet the new address: x0xx xxxx xxxx. As you can see -- Only the 1st block of 4 numbers - The second number value change from a 1 to a zero. Easy so far -- Hit write and I get an error message that states something to the effect that the check sum value is in error and do I want to continue. I hit yes -- And it is successful - But there's an issue.

I then cycle the ignition and run the BCM module again and go check if my change did in fact take effect. I see that the 1 has been replaced by a zero -- Great .. .. But the last (3rd) block has automatically changed. Instead of initially reading 0179 it now reads 0178. To be clear -- I made no change to this block.

I made several changes today -- And almost every change I got that check sum error -- And I also got an automatic change to one value in another block on the same line.

I tested most of the changes -- And it seems the changes I made are in effect -- I'm happy with this.

Before I started to make any change I ran a system check of all modules -- There were no errors.

After making the changes today -- I again ran a module check and I now have an error.

This is the Front Controls Interface Module and the fault code references the 4 way flashers and the switch light display on the dash - It has a short to ground. Pressing the 4 way flasher button on the dash -- The lights all flash at the 4 corners but the switch light is not lighting up. That's my take on the fault code.

I also could not go between modules -- Had to get out of the Forscan program and start it up again. Annoying - And it most likely is operator error.

One last point on using a spread sheet for another vehicle -- We really need one specifically for the Ranger. One change I was going to make was: Secure Idle Enable -- Mine came from the factory already with this option -- 1st block of 4 numbers - change the second digit to a 1 to enable .. .. Mine was already done.

At the end of the day -- I'm happy with the changes I've made so far -- Only a couple more that I would like to do and neither are on the F-150 spreadsheet but I did find one of the items earlier in this thread and I've made a note of the change I need to make to enable -- For another day.

The first page of this thread has values that have been confirmed to work on the Ranger. Using an F-150 spreadsheet can cause issues - some items are the same, some are not (as you found out).

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
So I ran into an issue with Forscan not being able to detect the truck with a custom 5 Star 93 Oct. tune installed. I couldn't figure out what code it wanted so I ended up returning it to stock. Once done Forscan picked it up right away. So I went and did the following to it.

Bambi mode
Raptor splash screen
Disable double honk
Disable front hyper blink
Panic alarm double press

Then reflashed it to the 5 Star tune and verified all the changes stuck. Now if only I can find out how to get Forscan to see the truck with the tune in place I'd be happy. Not only because that would save a good 30 minutes of flashing back and forth but There's a few other things I still want to change.

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
So I ran into an issue with Forscan not being able to detect the truck with a custom 5 Star 93 Oct. tune installed. I couldn't figure out what code it wanted so I ended up returning it to stock. Once done Forscan picked it up right away.
Pretty good bet the tune changes the embedded VIN in the PCM and Forscan can't decode the as read VIN so it does not have a clue what it's hooked up to.

Your path to return the PCM to stock may well be the only way to get Forscan to work short of a rewrite in code.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Pretty good bet the tune changes the embedded VIN in the PCM and Forscan can't decode the as read VIN so it does not have a clue what it's hooked up to.

Your path to return the PCM to stock may well be the only way to get Forscan to work short of a rewrite in code.

Yeah.. I'm figuring that may be the case.

It does prompt that if there is a custom tune to enter the strategy in for it to access the system. I tried the PCM strategy but it didn't accept that. I'll have to do some digging over on Forscan or reach out to 5 Star Tuning to see if they have any insight to this.

Thanks.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
So out of curiosity I went and connected Forscan to the truck while still running the 5 Star tune and to my surprise it saw the truck. Not sure what changed from the last time but now it's working with the tune still active.

Stanced

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SCrew XLT Sport 4x4
Thanks you for letting me know. I thought I was completely missing something. I was going to go ahead and pay for a year extended license, but not sure when my forscan forum account will be approved just to get to that part.
How long did it take to get approved?

Trey1940

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 Sport
Greetings --

The last two digits in the third bank of numbers are a checksum, it's an addition of all of the numbers in the sequence, in hex, represented in hex (which is why sometimes it's an alphanumeric combination)

So your change would be added like this (top in hex and as seen in Forscan, bottom numerical equivalent)
726-48-02 0100 0000 0179
07 + 26 + 48 + 02 + 01 + 00 + 00 + 00 + 01 (and then the checksum are the last two)
07 + 38 + 72 + 02 + 01 + 00 + 00 + 00 + 00 = 121

The hexadecimal equivalent of 121 is 79. When you changed your value to 00, it makes the total 120, or 78 in hex.

Forscan will automatically correct the checksum for you (as it did) but it will first give you a warning to make sure you meant to change the values that you did. Alternately, you can convert all of the numbers and input the correct checksum yourself and it will not warn you as it shows no issue in the line.

Sparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Thanks Trey for the explanation. The day after I posted I was able to conclude all the changes I wanted and clear the one issue I had.
Sponsored