Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
I got my Ford Tuned Fox 2.0 installed yesterday. I ordered it from Levittown Ford and my local dealer installed it with included alignment for $389 which is an unbelievably fair price. I did buy the truck from my local dealer and I do all my service work there. Probably doesn't hurt that I dropped them off donuts on occasion. ?

Only have 10 miles on it but a definite improvement. Much more responsive and the bounce is gone. I'll provide a better update after I put more miles on it but it looks great and I'm glad I did it. The road to camp will be much more comfortable this year!

Now I have two more important decisions to make. Which tires? I'm thinking the General Grabber ATX in 265/70R17 as the reviews have been darn good and I think they look great. Second decision is while letters out or in. ?

PXL_20210304_225617565.jpg
Sponsored

XL GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger STX
Occupation
Civil Engineering Firm
That was a pretty good price, that level stance looks nice. Does it make it any tougher to hop in the cab with it leveled out? Those are the tires I've been looking into and have been finding good reviews.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Wait..... Was that $389 just the install or the shocks too?

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I got my Ford Tuned Fox 2.0 installed yesterday. I ordered it from Levittown Ford and my local dealer installed it with included alignment for $389 which is an unbelievably fair price. I did buy the truck from my local dealer and I do all my service work there. Probably doesn't hurt that I dropped them off donuts on occasion. ?

Only have 10 miles on it but a definite improvement. Much more responsive and the bounce is gone. I'll provide a better update after I put more miles on it but it looks great and I'm glad I did it. The road to camp will be much more comfortable this year!

Now I have two more important decisions to make. Which tires? I'm thinking the General Grabber ATX in 265/70R17 as the reviews have been darn good and I think they look great. Second decision is while letters out or in. ?

I just read that those shocks require service after a time. Is that true?

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Just the install, the shocks themselves from ford at at least 1189$.

I did the standard fox kit because it has less spring rate, and I am absolutely satisfied with the new ride. I am guessing there isn’t too much different between the ford and fox set, but I’d definitely like to see them both side by side.

OP
OP
peterson1604

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
That was a pretty good price, that level stance looks nice. Does it make it any tougher to hop in the cab with it leveled out? Those are the tires I've been looking into and have been finding good reviews.
Well I'm only 5'8 so maybe a touch tougher to get in. I have running boards that I can also use but I take them off for the winter so they don't kick up with snow, ice and salt and rot out the rockers.

OP
OP
peterson1604

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
Just the install, the shocks themselves from ford at at least 1189$.

I did the standard fox kit because it has less spring rate, and I am absolutely satisfied with the new ride. I am guessing there isn’t too much different between the ford and fox set, but I’d definitely like to see them both side by side.
I agree, I was hoping somebody would have posted a YouTube video comparing the two and the Roush version but nothing yet. Basically I decided on the Ford just to make sure my warranty is intact.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I agree, I was hoping somebody would have posted a YouTube video comparing the two and the Roush version but nothing yet. Basically I decided on the Ford just to make sure my warranty is intact.
I have 40k miles, warranty isn’t useful to me anymore. I chose not ford because of how bad the original shocks were. I was afraid the same guy designed both sets.

OP
OP
peterson1604

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
I have 40k miles, warranty isn’t useful to me anymore. I chose not ford because of how bad the original shocks were. I was afraid the same guy designed both sets.
I have no worries with Ford or the engineers who developed this Fox tune. The Ranger FX4 shocks may have been a bit soft but they weren't horrendous or anything. With Fox involved I'm sure they would not allow anything bad to have their name on it and when you consider Ford tunes the Fox shocks for the F150 Raptor I'd say they're pretty damn good at what they do when focused on performance.

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
I don't think so, Ford Performance tuned the Ford Fox set so I imagine it would be different than the normal valving. I have a friend at Ford Performance and he said that both the Ford tuned and Fox tuned sets are good quality, the Ford tuned one will have a more Ford familiar feel (think F150 ride tuning) whereas the Fox set will have whatever Fox thought was best. I imagine it just comes down to preference but I would be super interested for someone to do a side by side test.

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer

Looks great! As far as tires go, here are a few options that are great:
  • BFG KO2 (the gold standard. can't go wrong but pretty pricey)
  • Falken Wildpeak AT3W (amazing value, currently what I run at 265/70R17 with 25k miles. Got a set of 4 for $550 and I couldn't be happier on and off road)
  • Nitto Ridge Grappler (another great option cheaper than KO2)
  • General Grabber ATX (my friend runs them and he's pretty happy except for heavy mud and wet pavement conditions, good value though)
  • Toyo Open Country A/T III (don't have any personal experience, but I've heard good things)

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
I just read that those shocks require service after a time. Is that true?
Yes. I have the Fox 2.0s rears (not the Ford version), which came with the installation manual for both front and rear shocks. The last page states the shocks need service at 50k miles (on road driving only) or 10K miles (half on road, half off road driving). I expect most of us are near the 50K zone.

See page 13 of the install manual here:
https://static.summitracing.com/global/images/instructions/frs-985-02-133.pdf

When the time comes, here's the cost breakdown:
https://www.ridefox.com/service.php?m=offroad

Last edited:

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great! As far as tires go, here are a few options that are great:
  • BFG KO2 (the gold standard. can't go wrong but pretty pricey)
  • Falken Wildpeak AT3W (amazing value, currently what I run at 265/70R17 with 25k miles. Got a set of 4 for $550 and I couldn't be happier on and off road)
  • Nitto Ridge Grappler (another great option cheaper than KO2)
  • General Grabber ATX (my friend runs them and he's pretty happy except for heavy mud and wet pavement conditions, good value though)
  • Toyo Open Country A/T III (don't have any personal experience, but I've heard good things)
I'm running the Ford Performance Kit with Falken AT3W and I, too, could not be happier with the kit or the tires! They are also among the most reasonable tires out there in terms of price (go figure). Mine are black all around, which is one less decision to make in life....
Sponsored