Ford Ranger pop tune

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
All they are doing is pulling ignition timing and disabling decel fuel cutoff and adding more fuel on decel. It'll destroy a catalytic converter in short order.
Sponsored

BiilyJones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
You’re not the only one who’s been looking for something poppy! I know noise and loudness involving rice is kinda downtalked by The forum but i as a 23 year old love the fact that we have a ricer truck haha I’ve gone out of my way to make it sound like a Honda Civic and ill get a few pops in burbles in sports mode but ever since seeing this video I’ve been itching to see flames come out of my exaust!

I'm really curious what the exhaust is on that truck. It doesn't seem loud enough to be catless and straight pipe.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Sometimes, when people are online looking for something, it’s easy to click on a link, then another, and then another. The next thing you know, you’ve forgotten what you were looking for and you’re completely lost - here, let me get you back on track.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
You’re not the only one who’s been looking for something poppy! I know noise and loudness involving rice is kinda downtalked by The forum but i as a 23 year old love the fact that we have a ricer truck haha I’ve gone out of my way to make it sound like a Honda Civic and ill get a few pops in burbles in sports mode but ever since seeing this video I’ve been itching to see flames come out of my exaust!

There are some truly great offers from Carvana for these trucks - you should take advantage of them before it’s too late.

amick1995

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Trenor

As a 26 year old with a 400 hp STI just why…? You don’t need to have that many pops and bangs to make power. If anything it’s just hurting the life span of the turbo because all of the excess gas is most likely exploding before or in it. Flames are cool, but my god that many pops is just annoying.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
You want flames..put a spark plug in your exhaust pipe…that’s how they did it in the old days …

Last edited:

Dollar

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL STX 4x4, Focus, Mustang, F150, MC's
Occupation
Industrial Electrician
In the 70's, neighbor kid in his parents Oldsmobile wagon, would turn ignition off, give it gas, then turn back on, that was a pop!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
In the 70's, neighbor kid in his parents Oldsmobile wagon, would turn ignition off, give it gas, then turn back on, that was a pop!
lol we use to do that with our street bikes. We'd see a group standing on the corner and out it off and turn it back on and the pop sounded like a gun shot. I know it was dumb but we were young and dumb at the time. ?

Utah_Bound

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, 2021 Renegade Upland 4x4
Occupation
Plumber
I had a pop tune on my Type R and never again. Destroyed my cat in less than 500 miles, then went catless and ran a new tune, and tuner told me that yeah basically I'm gonna melt some pistons, but it sounds good so YOLO yea
Sponsored