First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Wrote Ford Performance this morning about status for MY22 and below was the respons:

We do not have a solid ETA on the 2022 Calibrations for the Ranger at this time. They are undergoing final certifications and approvals, which can vary on how long it may take for a finalized kit to be released.

I think the current target is late August.
Sponsored

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Wondering how the 2022 release would be different that the previous release? Is FRPP 'removing content' (tuning parameters) from the tune, in order to get in line with the current corporate philosophy?!?! Maybe only half of the previous tuning improvements for 2022?!?! :shock:

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
This bolsters my decision to go with an aftermarket tuner with a good reputation that custom tailored my tune.

Stinky Pete

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
This, A custom tune for your setup/liking is always better than a off the shelf tune.
Custom tunes are better, no doubt, but they also come with the risk of Ford denying warranty coverage. A Ford Performance tune is nice a middle ground. Not the best tune, but you are still covered.

Grady

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger FX4, 17 Subaru BRZ Yellow, 11 Evora
Occupation
Manager
Custom tunes are better, no doubt, but they also come with the risk of Ford denying warranty coverage. A Ford Performance tune is nice a middle ground. Not the best tune, but you are still covered.
This is were you have to make the choice of what you want. I know that if anything in my driveline blows up its on me and I am ok with that. If you can not afford to rebuild an engine/transmission or part of the driveline do not tune your vehicle.

Stinky Pete

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
This is were you have to make the choice of what you want. I know that if anything in my driveline blows up its on me and I am ok with that. If you can not afford to rebuild an engine/transmission or part of the driveline do not tune your vehicle.
Couldn't agree more. And with vehicles being more and more advanced, there's a lot more parts that can fail and are not easily replaced by the average shade tree mechanic. Turbos burn up and trannies fail on un-tuned vehicles, they certainly can also fail on a tuned vehicle even if it is not necessarily due to the tune. If money is no object, custom tune all the way.

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
SigOris

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Just an FYI, I didn’t start this thread to debate the merits of the various tunes. That has been beat to death in other threads.

I’m well aware other tunes are available now. The tune I want is not.

I was providing info to others like myself with a MY22 and are waiting for the Ford tune to be available. Like bugs bunny said, that’s all folks.

Jgold82

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
So if the tune does release before the end of this month, there is currently a 20% discount code active. ACC20 at checkout. Just used it to order some other parts off there tonight.

Reactions: Doc