First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
"Comes with Ford Performance 3yr/36k mile warranty from new vehicle in-service when installed by a Ford dealer or ASE/Red Seal certified technician."

Does this unit need to reside in the cabin 100% of the time for it to work?

M-12655-F.JPG
No, it does not. Every so often may be worth connecting it to the PC to see if there is an update. I don't leave it connected unless I'm towing and want a trans and cat temp displays.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Was commenting on your post about 49 state model. Didn't make sense...
Well what it means is that Ford Performance has not gotten the CARB certification for the tune on a 2022 model. In previous years, Ford has always waited until the tune was CARB certified to release it for a year model, but for the 2022 they went ahead and released it before the carb certification was approved. So in California, and probably any state that does a full carb inspection, you cannot use that tune on a 2022 model yet.

Reactions: Doc

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
California sets it's own emission standards as long as it meets or exceeds the federal standards. California exceedes those, so the 22 Ranger is legal in the 49 states where it meets requirements while Ford waits for CARB to certify it for 2022. That is why the exception is currently listed for the 22 models.

Deleted member 15875

California sets it's own emission standards as long as it meets or exceeds the federal standards. California exceedes those, so the 22 Ranger is legal in the 49 states where it meets requirements while Ford waits for CARB to certify it for 2022. That is why the exception is currently listed for the 22 models.
Is there a timeframe for this certification? Also, were there any engine changes from 21 to 22?

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Is there a timeframe for this certification? Also, were there any engine changes from 21 to 22?
Actually I have no idea, government isn't fast except to take your money, and depends on how many tweaks were needed to comply. I have the FPP tune in my '21 and love it, so far no issues.

Deleted member 15875

Actually I have no idea, government isn't fast except to take your money, and depends on how many tweaks were needed to comply. I have the FPP tune in my '21 and love it, so far no issues.
I didn't think/know there were any engine changes between 21 and 22 to warrant this re-certification, hence why I bet the existing tune would work just fine.

Superspirit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ranger
I didn't think/know there were any engine changes between 21 and 22 to warrant this re-certification, hence why I bet the existing tune would work just fine.
Actually there were several changes. One of them was the turbo. The downpipe is different the cvf downpipe will not fit the 22's what else changed I'm not sure. But emissions were tight for 22my.

Deleted member 15875

Actually there were several changes. One of them was the turbo. The downpipe is different the cvf downpipe will not fit the 22's what else changed I'm not sure. But emissions were tight for 22my.
Is that why I'm only getting 16MPG? :(

Deleted member 15875

My 22 isn't doing any better. Avg 17 city 21 hwy
So you think Ford made mileage worse for 22 with their changes? I got 19.x MPG downhill yesterday over 50 miles and almost had a party to celebrate.

Superspirit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ranger
So you think Ford made mileage worse for 22 with their changes? I got 19.x MPG downhill yesterday over 50 miles and almost had a party to celebrate.
I have no idea why some get great mileage and others do not. But I'm happy with mine as I'm retired and don't have to drive a lot. But since the tune(unleashed) and gibson exhaust, I find myself finding errands to run 2-3 times a day. Just so fun to drive.??
Sponsored