Ford performance tune, I surrender, need to go back to regular gas

gcan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
My truck is a 2019 and I installed the Ford performance tune when they came out which was shortly after I got it.........well I'm done with $5 per gallon premium gas. I never thought there would be a day when I said please let me buy some of that $4.25 per gallon gas but it's here

How do I uninstall my tune?
Should I expect any issues, besides the obvious lower performance after running it for a couple of years?
Can I reinstall when/if we ever get back to prices like we had 2 years ago??
My fuel light is on now so if I uninstall the tune should I wait a bit before I go back to the "cheap" stuff? or can fill up today with regular?

Thanks in advance
Greg
Sponsored

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I went with the Livernois tune an when premium hit $4 a gallon I went to the 87-89 tune. Now regular is $5.09.

Plug the tuner into the port under the dash. Turn the key on. Select tune. Select install factory tune.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
The ford tune uses the same tuner as Livernois an it's really easy to use. I'm sure there's instructions and videos you can check out an return it to stock yourself. It's different if you have push button start.

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
I've been thinking of doing the same, but if I go to the Costco near me it works out to be $0.10 per litre more than their regular which is pretty much always the lowest price around by a couple cents per litre (which works out to $0.38 more per US gallon). The local Shell station owned by a bunch of black hearted, soulless villains, charge about 32 cents per litre (which is $1.21 more per US gallon, fuck you Shell).

The cost difference for premium is there but I justify it in my mind with the increased driving enjoyment factor, and as a bit of insurance against engine knock.

I have Unleashed tunes so I have to revert to stock anytime I take it to the dealership, and it feels like an old dog until I put the premium tune back in.

Good luck.

MikeyB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
My truck is a 2019 and I installed the Ford performance tune when they came out which was shortly after I got it.........well I'm done with $5 per gallon premium gas. I never thought there would be a day when I said please let me buy some of that $4.25 per gallon gas but it's here

How do I uninstall my tune?
Should I expect any issues, besides the obvious lower performance after running it for a couple of years?
Can I reinstall when/if we ever get back to prices like we had 2 years ago??
My fuel light is on now so if I uninstall the tune should I wait a bit before I go back to the "cheap" stuff? or can fill up today with regular?

Thanks in advance
Greg
That sucks. When I got my Ranger I was psyched to feed it a steady diet of 91 octane. Matter of fact I did fill up 3 or 4 times on 91 when I first got it. I don't intend on a tune anytime soon, I just wanted to feed it some higher octane gas. I just can't these days. As of today 87 is $5.09 and 91 is $5.59 a gallon. I'm so used to the 87 now, and I'm happy the truck runs very good.
F....You know who!

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
I use gas buddy to find prices and sales. There is an app or you can use the web addy. I have used their debit card for over a year, it’s free. The debit card tied to your bank acct allows for additional savings like .09 to .22 cents off per gallon.

This is a quick look at a station in town.

BDFB93E6-22EB-485D-AF09-E74A57A81131.jpeg
Sponsored