First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Good octane booster can run up to $7-$8 a bottle and treats around 20 gallons or so...depending on brand/quality.
$8 bucks divided by 18 gallons is around .44 cents per gallon...
Your better off just buying premium (cost of regular plus the .44 cents per gal for the booster)
Most booster's only raise the octane by 3-4 points, so spending $8 for a bottle to raise gas from 87 to 91 would be almost the same as just buying hi-test.
Also, read your manual...Ford does NOT recommend using ANY type of additive to fuel or oil...it's just not needed.
we just cant win these days.
Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
Today went on a 150 mile motorcycle ride. Stopped at an Albertsons gas station and for the first time decided to enter my phone number and see about this rewards program they use.

When you buy groceries you can put in your phone # for discounts. Gas pump runs on same phone # account. Display said $0.40 off per gallon do you want to use it? I sad hell no, not for 4 gallon Motorcycle tank. Tomorrow I go back to fill up the 22 gallon tank on the truck.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Today went on a 150 mile motorcycle ride. Stopped at an Albertsons gas station and for the first time decided to enter my phone number and see about this rewards program they use.

When you buy groceries you can put in your phone # for discounts. Gas pump runs on same phone # account. Display said $0.40 off per gallon do you want to use it? I sad hell no, not for 4 gallon Motorcycle tank. Tomorrow I go back to fill up the 22 gallon tank on the truck.
We use the fuel discount at our local grocery store. My wife's CX-5 and the Jeep drink the cheap swill, but when we get built up to $1.00 off, it's family fill up time and everybody gets premium.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I was having a CEL so I returned it to stock until getting it fixed. I had a P0496. I took it in an they did a programming update to see if that fixes it. I'm leaving the stock tune in until I know this fixed it an it won't come back. Right now I'm showing a 1 mpg increase from the 87-89 Livernois tune I had run for 22K miles. I wonder if I lost my calibration I did to correct the computer mpg.
Sponsored