First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Private Security
The issue here is many of us have gotten the Ford Performance tune and just recently found out it’s not recommended to tow with. When I ordered my tune there was no statement on their website stating it’s not recommended. I got mine specifically to tow. Yesterday I spoke with Ford Performance and it didn’t seem to go anywhere. What I was told is we shouldn’t assume we can tow with a tune and that is our fault. I spoke with them again this morning and the gentleman I spoke to gave me his email. He said he’s got 5 complaints so far in regards to their tune. I’m looking to get as many complaints to him as possible. He said the more complaints he gets the more likely that are to take action. This is his email. [email protected] I’m asking everyone to come forward who has been effected by this. The more people we get the better. I am contacting a lawyer in regards to this and have every intention of holding them responsible for this. I have two screenshots here. One from their page on 10/30/2020 and one from today 02/10/2021.
B24DE2F9-6F83-4DE5-80FB-ED2D917561C5.png
A7AAF5F4-F46B-4F64-8C5C-1D8C0C88F5D1.png
Sponsored

OP
OP

Verhiz

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Private Security
oh FFS

my next ford is now going to cost me an additional $5000.
This may not effect you, but I put a lot of money into my Ranger to make it tow better. Especially getting this tune and now they say we shouldn’t tow with it. Whether you agree or not I know others do and I’m going to hold them accountable.

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
This may not effect you, but I put a lot of money into my Ranger to make it tow better. Especially getting this tune and now they say we shouldn’t tow with it. Whether you agree or not I know others do and I’m going to hold them accountable.
Evan, I understand your frustration ! I would tread lightly on getting a lawyer as Ford has a LOT more money and lawyers than you or I. Your best bet is to work with them to get this straightened out. Once you threaten with an attorney all communications will stop ! As far as me knowing this I have been paying a lawyer $375 dollars per hour for the last 2.5 years ! You could spend over $3000 a day just to go to court. I just received info that I wore down this big company and I will get paid, but it was a long drawn out stressful time. Wish you luck ,and hopefully Ford will make it right for you. Bret

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Hope you got very deep pockets or one hell of a lawyer that knows how to bring class action into play. Otherwise you’ll be giving up the farm, truck and wife by the time it’s over... Just sayin

OP
OP

Verhiz

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Private Security
Evan, I understand your frustration ! I would tread lightly on getting a lawyer as Ford has a LOT more money and lawyers than you or I. Your best bet is to work with them to get this straightened out. Once you threaten with an attorney all communications will stop ! As far as me knowing this I have been paying a lawyer $375 dollars per hour for the last 2.5 years ! You could spend over $3000 a day just to go to court. I just received info that I wore down this big company and I will get paid, but it was a long drawn out stressful time. Wish you luck ,and hopefully Ford will make it right for you. Bret
Thank you. I’m trying to work with them, but I basically have been told to screw off. I’m going to see where this goes and what happens.

OP
OP

Verhiz

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Private Security
Hope you got very deep pockets or one hell of a lawyer that knows how to bring class action into play. Otherwise you’ll be giving up the farm, truck and wife by the time it’s over... Just sayin
I’m not necessarily looking to sue them. I’m just looking for them to make it right.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
My .02 is just get the Livernois tune which has a tow tune and be done with it. For $500 you'll get 5 tunes on A++ customer service. I'm all for trying to get a company to "do the right thing" but when you're trying to take on a big corporation you're going to spend more than it's worth. Sometimes you just have to chalk it up to a bad experience and move on. :)

OP
OP

Verhiz

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Private Security
My .02 is just get the Livernois tune which has a tow tune and be done with it. For $500 you'll get 5 tunes on A++ customer service. I'm all for trying to get a company to "do the right thing" but when you're trying to take on a big corporation you're going to spend more than it's worth. Sometimes you just have to chalk it up to a bad experience and move on. :)
I totally hear what you’re saying and I’m trying to do the right thing here. I will probably go with that tune and be done with Ford Performance after this. Still going to fight them on this though.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I totally hear what you’re saying and I’m trying to do the right thing here. I will probably go with that tune and be done with Ford Performance after this. Still going to fight them on this though.
I agree with you to fight it but I think a lawsuit would be just dragged out for years. Like Bret said you could end up spending a lot of money and get nowhere, lucky for him it worked out. I get why people want to use the Ford tune as it retains your warranty but I've yet to hear anyone on this board have any issues with it or blown their truck up. Not saying it can't happen but it's a proven tune from a quality company. Good luck! :)

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
[/QUOTE

Warranties should and usually have explicit t & c and definitive language. Not recommending you do or do not something is different from saying "towing will void your warranty" Towing and tunes can both put additional stress on a vehicle so a mfg will try to protect their exposure.

I'd just tow and be happy,

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
I can tell you as a retired rep for another car company as soon as I heard lawsuit or attorney the conversation was over.

OP
OP

Verhiz

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Private Security
I can tell you as a retired rep for another car company as soon as I heard lawsuit or attorney the conversation was over.
Well the conversation wasn’t even started, so it is what it is. All they want to do is point fingers.