First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
The Friendly's main plant was in the town I grew up in back in MA. Before I moved out here the original owner (Prestley Blake) built a house that replicated the Monticello in Somers CT. It was a scaled down version but still pretty cool. I helped a friend do some work in there.

Very CooL indeed. What year was this recorded.
Sponsored

Ranger in Maine

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 1965 VW Bus,
Occupation
Curmudgeon (retired)
The Friendly's main plant was in the town I grew up in back in MA. Before I moved out here the original owner (Prestley Blake) built a house that replicated the Monticello in Somers CT. It was a scaled down version but still pretty cool. I helped a friend do some work in there.

Prestley Blake passed away yesterday at age 106.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Very CooL indeed. What year was this recorded.
It was recorded in 2015 and the project was finished in 2014. He wanted it done before his 100th birthday and everyone was working like crazy to get this done for him.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Prestley Blake passed away yesterday at age 106.
I had a few friends text me yesterday about his death. He was a great guy and sharp as a tack the last time I saw him at 99.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thats amazing he enjoyed it for 6 yrs. He seemed like a solid man
He never lived in it. He just always loved history and the original Monticello so he bought a house just next to his and knocked it down and built this. He sold it to an eye Dr who's wife decided after living in it didn't like it so Prestley bought it back then donated it to a college. All he ever wanted to do was have his 100th birthday there which he did.

Sorry OP for killing your thread!

importfighter01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL SuperCab
Just got this from Ford Performance:
Hello Richard,

Thank you for raising awareness regarding this concern. Ford Performance Parts is in development on an improved M-9603-REB Ranger Performance Calibration which is optimized for towing. We expect that this calibration will be released within four weeks. It will be available to all customers who purchased the M-9603-REB calibration through the automatic update feature.

Rest assured. Ford Performance Parts calibrations are backed by a 36 month / 36,000 mile warranty and are C.A.R.B. compliant.

Thank You,

Anthony Fodera
Ford Performance Info Center - Supervisor
(800) 367-3788
[email protected]

I have my dealer watching for the update. He will call whenit arrives.
Anyone know with a Procal 4 tool what ā€œ It will be available to all customers who purchased the M-9603-REB calibration through the automatic update feature.ā€ means?

IE will the updated tow tune appear on my Procal automatically via a wireless download since my Procal is plugged into my OBD2 port?

Or I have to plug my Procal up to my laptop with Ethernet cable and the update will download like when the Procal was being installed in the first place?

I ask because I do NOT want the updated tune as the FPP tune in tow mode is very aggressive and I love it that way. Thanks in advance if anyone knows!

@Frenchy - You have been very knowledgeable about the Procal tool functions in past so tagging you specifically too.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Anyone know with a Procal 4 tool what ā€œ It will be available to all customers who purchased the M-9603-REB calibration through the automatic update feature.ā€ means?

IE will the updated tow tune appear on my Procal automatically via a wireless download since my Procal is plugged into my OBD2 port?

Or I have to plug my Procal up to my laptop with Ethernet cable and the update will download like when the Procal was being installed in the first place?

I ask because I do NOT want the updated tune as the FPP tune in tow mode is very aggressive and I love it that way. Thanks in advance if anyone knows!

@Frenchy - You have been very knowledgeable about the Procal tool functions in past so tagging you specifically too.
I don't think anyone knows what Ford will do with their tow tune. With the Livernois tune you get to choose which tune you want but Ford could just opt to have you update your tune and everything is combined into one. IIRC they are the same tuner so I would hope Ford just adds the tow tune to the ProCal and lets the customer decide what they want to run which seems like the logical solution.

importfighter01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL SuperCab
I don't think anyone knows what Ford will do with their tow tune. With the Livernois tune you get to choose which tune you want but Ford could just opt to have you update your tune and everything is combined into one. IIRC they are the same tuner so I would hope Ford just adds the tow tune to the ProCal and lets the customer decide what they want to run which seems like the logical solution.
Good point but my question is more specific on how data is loaded onto a Procal. Is it only via the Ethernet port or can Ford ā€œpushā€ an update to the Procal 4 tool either via the OBD2 port cable or through a wireless function of some kind? The trucks have connectivity to Ford (ie Ford Pass app) so wanted to see if anyone knows...

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Good point but my question is more specific on how data is loaded onto a Procal. Is it only via the Ethernet port or can Ford ā€œpushā€ an update to the Procal 4 tool either via the OBD2 port cable or through a wireless function of some kind? The trucks have connectivity to Ford (ie Ford Pass app) so wanted to see if anyone knows...
Seeing as Ford can't push Sync updates for maps and stuff I'm guessing it'll be through the ethernet port. You'd think with all the tech in this truck it would be a simple wireless download to update your maps. ?ā€ā™‚

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
OMG that is to funny. We use to have them here in Columbus but they left quite a few years ago.
Think theyā€™re only a few of them left nationwide. I know of one in Dartmouth MA but all the others closed long ago around here

Fletch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger
I have a 2020 Xlt 4x4 with fords tune and have just arrived in San Diego, I drove from Tampa. About 7 days with the wife, baby and dog. No issues pulling the largest uhaul they offered filled with stuff. I have the tow package, everything felt fine. 2,500 miles!

A broken clock is right twice a day
Welcome to San Diego.

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
That was close. I was very close to having the tune done on my STX but then something else shiny caught my eye and I bought that instead. Glad I did now because I'm looking to tow a Coleman Light LX trailer.

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WorldRanger Ė‹19 TKE, several VW Rabbit (Golf) MK2
This may not effect you, but I put a lot of money into my Ranger to make it tow better. Especially getting this tune and now they say we shouldnā€™t tow with it. Whether you agree or not I know others do and Iā€™m going to hold them accountable.
if u could have a stick shifter u wouldnā€˜t have the problem. Iā€˜m pretty shure if the engine turns less rpm u have no issues. AFAIK with my limited knowledge...

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WorldRanger Ė‹19 TKE, several VW Rabbit (Golf) MK2
Thatā€™s a pretty weak response. Ford stated nothing of this issue. Even their Ford Performance level 2 and 3 rangers state they can tow 7500lbs. They are contradicting that by saying you shouldnā€™t tow with this tune. Iā€™m not going to take blame for trying to optimize my truck and stay within a warranty. They changed their verbiage to the detriment of the consumer.
but they did not say that the truck lasts longe then, isnā€˜t? THAT is just capitalism at its best:sunglasses:
Sponsored