Ford Officially Releases Sync 3 v3.4 Build 20282

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
I'm going to assume you received the Installation Complete popup message stating you could now remove the USB flash drive?

Writing the XML file is the final stage of the update and is written to the SyncMyRide folder on the USB flash drive so a successful installation can be reported back to Ford.
Yes. I received the popup, and then the Sync display turned off and stayed off. I pulled the USB at that point, then re-started the truck.
Sponsored

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Yes. I received the popup, and then the Sync display turned off and stayed off. I pulled the USB at that point, then re-started the truck.
Mine came up with a display saying system updated but needing a key cycle to complete. check ed software version and didn't show it updated. shut truck off and restarted. then it flashed the USB drive a few times and then a pop-up saying Install Complete and now remove drive. said updates will be applied at next restart. Pulled drive and restarted truck, then software version showed update and XML file was on drive in SyncMyRide folder.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,ā€™21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Are you on 3.3 still I assume? If so it should be night and day difference.
No just earlier 3.4. Seems to work fine now. Voice was glitchy for me before.

Last edited:
OP
OP

tmcolegr

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Platinum 4x4 & 2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
I am assuming the USB flash drive was inadvertently pulled early prior to the XML file being written

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
I am assuming the USB flash drive was inadvertently pulled early prior to the XML file being written
Went back out to the truck, plugged in the USB, Sync read it, but didn't do the key cycle stuff. Pulled the USB and plugged the USB into the computer, and it wrote the xml this time (which has now been submitted to Ford). Didn't have to do anything weird. Just put the usb in for another check.

Was also poking around in the settings, and there are more setting options in there, including more privacy/data sharing settings, for folks who may be irritated about too much data sharing.

OP
OP

tmcolegr

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Went back out to the truck, plugged in the USB, Sync read it, but didn't do the key cycle stuff. Pulled the USB and plugged the USB into the computer, and it wrote the xml this time (which has now been submitted to Ford). Didn't have to do anything weird. Just put the usb in for another check.
That's interesting. I never knew that was possible post the initial installation.

Good to know.

Atxjmy512

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Stupid question but what do you have to do to submit to Ford?

OP
OP

tmcolegr

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Go back to the Ford Owner website as if you were going to download the update. The final step is where you upload the XML file to report a successful update

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Go back to the Ford site where you downloaded the files. Scroll down to the last step of the install procedure. Pull in your USB drive. Should be a button that says search for file or something similar. Select that and go to your drive. Find the XML file and double click it. Should then see a green check mark saying complete after it. Your done.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Update restored missing climate screen from the last update. Haven't checked for xml file yet. As usual, every update is a new experience. It seemed to take forever to start doing anything. (At least 5 or 10 minutes?) It didn't prompt before starting the update, just had an "installing software" bar across the top. Prompted to turn the car off once, but rebooted itself. (So that particular message is still confusing and idiotic.) Only rebooted once this time. Haven't found anything broken yet.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Update completed with no issues.

Around 20 minutes total.

It seems it may be slightly snappier but that may just be a placebo crafted by my brain telling me that 20 minutes was spent installing improvements.

Atxjmy512

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Ok. I was able to stick the usb back in the port and it wrote the xml file. I was then able to upload it. Check vin still says Iā€™m eligible for a download but Iā€™m figuring that takes a bit to sync (no pun intended).

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
they must be updating the 2019's first, everyone i have noticed so far lists their truck as a 2019........that may be why i am not seeing mine is ready for update
Sponsored