First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I like my Ford branded Bakflip except it rattles. You can’t really hear it unless the window is open. Not bad but noticeable. The thieves have figured out how to slide a pry bar between the top of tailgate and cover to hit the latch release cable. They got away with my Z snow chains. Left small scar on the tailgate top moulding. I haven’t a fix for it yet.
I don't carry anything expensive back there and if they steal my work stuff it'll give me an excuse to retire. ? I think thieves will/can find a way to get into just about anything so it's mostly to keep things covered and the average person from seeing what's back there.
Sponsored

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
I don't carry anything expensive back there and if they steal my work stuff it'll give me an excuse to retire. ? I think thieves will/can find a way to get into just about anything so it's mostly to keep things covered and the average person from seeing what's back there.
I get it, sometimes I travel to go hunting and don’t want drag everything into a hotel room for an overnight stay. I will now!!

Clank

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Cole. It's a misfortunate incident but will hopefully be done and over with this week. Thanks for the detailed review it helps me in my decision. I really never put things (or have ever wanted to) on top to the weight rating isn't a huge concern. Even staking it up against the rear window isn't a big deal as I've rarely had the need to do this (have access to the whole bed) while driving. If I ever do I'm good with using just mirror backing up as I've had many work vans with no side or rear windows. As long as the mechanics of it are still good after using it this long and there's no issues I think I'll stick with getting this one simply out of convince right now. He said they'd instal it for $100 which is a no brainer for me trying to mess with this once home in 100* heat and my OCD. lol
Absolutely worth it to not have to fuss around with it in that heat!

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
If you store tools or expensive things in the bed then I recommend a retractable option. They’re expensive but the most secure.
Unless they lock to the tailgate in a way that you can't open the tailgate without unlocking the cover, it's no more secure.
Sponsored