First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
Alltime fav out of everything. 67 fast back 4 speed with a 427 and side pipes. It’s more than speed, it’s the sound, the tuck and the surge. Smells too, all triggers with this guy! ?☺?

75B23507-0B5F-4ADA-B311-E44555211ADF.jpeg

2E000593-F478-427A-802D-D944011313E2.jpeg
The bottom is a 63, no? Appears to be a split rear window. I agree though, beautiful vehicles. I love when a car looks fast sitting still.
Sponsored

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Alltime fav out of everything. 67 fast back 4 speed with a 427 and side pipes. It’s more than speed, it’s the sound, the tuck and the surge. Smells too, all triggers with this guy! ?☺?

75B23507-0B5F-4ADA-B311-E44555211ADF.jpeg

2E000593-F478-427A-802D-D944011313E2.jpeg
Now we are talking! I'm not picky.. my favorite is any '63-67 mid year coupe.

OP
OP
Sheepdog

Sheepdog

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SuperCrew 4x2 XL
Occupation
Retired police officer
Who wrote unleaded? Did you write unleaded? I didn't write unleaded. :facepalm:
What pump says "premium" on it that doesn't dispense unleaded, in the year 2021?

And why would you put HOTTER plugs in it?

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I don't understand these threads where people post what they like and someone gets angrier and angrier about the comments. We get it, you know more about cars than we do.

Personally I want the structural safety of today, the electronics of yesterday, the fuel economy of tomorrow, and a v8 exhaust note.

CycloneCowboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Professional Storm Photographer / Volunteer EMS
The engine automatically adjusts to higher octane, so I doubt it will do any harm, other than add a few HP. With gas prices poised to go sky high with new Federal taxes, enjoy it while you can!

TechnicallyReal

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer / IT Admin
Some soccer mom vans and SUVs give the Ranger a run for the money.
This is true. My last 2 vehicles were a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport LTD (2.0L @ 264 hp 269 lb-ft) and a 2016 KIA Sorento SX (same 2.0L as the Hyundai but with smaller turbo @ 240 hp 260 lb-ft). They were pretty eager to get going when you put your foot down. The Sorento was also luxurious AF for what it was. The Ranger in 'S' mode is definitely more fun but I wouldn't be surprised if those kept up.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Well when the guy in the Super Duty was revving his engine like "look at how big my D!@% is" while looking down at me and I dusted him it was impressive. ;)
So, how big was it?

the super duty that is...;)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
So, how big was it?

the super duty that is...;)
Only saw his headlight in my rearview mirror but I can get his number for you next time. ? ?

Last edited:

Dunedain Ranger

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL Super Cab - 2WD, 1995 Honda Accord EX Station Wagon
I've run nothing but Shell 93 Octane in my Ranger since I used up the full tank supplied by the dealer when I got it last February. I've been pleased with the performance and my MPG, which averages about 26. I don't beat on it much, but it's nice knowing the beast is there when called for.

Regarding muscle cars, I had a 1971 Firebird (regular, not the formula) which I purchased from my friend's girlfriend for $1000. (This was 1983) Her dad had purchased it with the stock 350 and somehow it got blowed up.

There was a mechanic who was sweet on her, and he had dropped a 1977 Formula 400 engine in it for her. I can't give you all the technical gobble-de-gook on it however, what I can tell you is that it had an auto-tranny, along with a dual exhaust I added to it later (and it was very quiet - I prefer silent, stealthy and gone in 60 seconds without a sound - less attention from Johnny Law during those heady days of the 55 mph speed limit...), and the few times when I did nail it from a standstill, the car would bark it's tires whenever it hit second gear. (even at the tender age of 22 I knew better than to continually beat on vehicle)

Some of my good ole boy buddies would ask me "You got a cam in that Pontiac? Sounds like I hear a lope." (chew, then spit.)

Being woefully ignorant of such facts, I would tell them I didn't know. I asked the previous owner about it, but she didn't know either and the mechanic lived in Atlanta so it would remain a mystery.

I will close this tale rather sadly. About a year(ish) or so later, my friend and his girl friend (the previous owner) and I went to see RUSH in concert in Biloxi. After the concert, I was waiting in a turn lane when two very drunk people in a Datsun B210 rear ended me pretty hard. You could clearly see the imprints of their heads in the windshield of their now totaled B210 and they had to go the hospital. Fortunately they sustained no live threatening injuries. Oh, and they didn't have insurance...

I actually drove my sad wounded bird home that same night (thank you GM steel) but sadly the frame was bent so I sold it to a bone yard for $1200 (mainly for the engine). I had just paid it off and was going to keep that vehicle for the rest of my life, but it was not meant to be.

If I ever get 6 lucky numbers in the FL Lottery (I play twice per week) I will find a 1971 Firebird (I'll get the Formula) and depending how much I win, I will also hopefully get a 1967 Shelby GT500. The stuff that dreams are made of...
Sponsored