First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
If you think I'm kidding, name any "muscle" car from the '60s that regular customers could buy, and I'll try to look up a period road test for you. They were not actually as fast as most people "remember" them being.
Different era. The muscle cars of the 60's were fast, and handled great, in comparison to the other vehicles of the day in their era. Ya had to be there... it was an awesome time to be a motor head.

Sure the new Ranger is peppy, and fun to drive. But put it up against other modern day "muscle cars" and it'll be the same scenario.

Now, would you like to talk about complexity?

005 Torque Thrust Wheels and BFG Rubber and New Front Spoiler.jpg

Last edited:

db_tanker

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
Well...there is my favorite....my dad worked at a Buick dealer back in the 60's - 70's and he would talk about the Wildcat 425 dual quad and the GS's....and as much as I love my Ranger I would never flex on a 455 GS Stage 1....unless I had a tune, nitrous, and a beefier diff lol

OP
OP
Sheepdog

Sheepdog

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SuperCrew 4x2 XL
Occupation
Retired police officer
Different era. The muscle cars of the 60's were fast, and handled great, in comparison to the other vehicles of the day in their era. Ya had to be there... it was an awesome time to be a motor head.

Sure the new Ranger is peppy, and fun to drive. But put it up against other modern day "muscle cars" and it'll be the same scenario.

Now, would you like to lets talk about complexity?

005 Torque Thrust Wheels and BFG Rubber and New Front Spoiler.jpg
As I stated, I WAS there. I raced them. I raced against them.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
As I stated, I WAS there. I raced them. I raced against them.
Awesome. Then you know you could pull a motor and replace it, in a few hours or maybe even in an hour (at the track) back in the day.... instead of a few days today.

Comparing technology today with technology from 50 years ago is, well, archeology.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Awesome. Then you know you could pull a motor and replace it, in a few hours or maybe even in an hour back in the day.... instead of a few days today.

Comparing technology today with technology from 50 years ago is, well, archeology.
Got a timing light I can borrow? ?

OP
OP
Sheepdog

Sheepdog

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired police officer
Awesome. Then you know you could pull a motor and replace it, in a few hours or maybe even in an hour (at the track) back in the day.... instead of a few days today.

I made no claims about technology or how long it takes to replace an engine- I said they weren't as fast as most people "remember" them.

Is that your '69 Camaro? What engine did Chevrolet originally install in it?

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I made no claims about technology or how long it takes to replace an engine- I said they weren't as fast as most people "remember" them.

Badge says 350 and that’s what most came with.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired

The one that's in it currently. A 350

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sheepdog

Sheepdog

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired police officer
Well...there is my favorite....my dad worked at a Buick dealer back in the 60's - 70's and he would talk about the Wildcat 425 dual quad and the GS's....and as much as I love my Ranger I would never flex on a 455 GS Stage 1....unless I had a tune, nitrous, and a beefier diff lol
The 8-barrel GM/FoMoCo/Mopar cars were kind of interesting. They were sold before they were built, to racers with adequate resumes, for the purpose of NHRA-sanctioned Stock and Super Stock Eliminator competition.

My late father worked at a Chevrolet dealership in 1962. The 8-barrel 409 cars were delivered on separate trailers, not on the regular transporters. They were pushed off the trailers into a building, and the doors were locked. No salesmen or customers were allowed to drive, start, or even touch them.

I found a Motor Trend road test of a 1962 Impala SS 409-horsepower 8-barrel 409 4-speed car with 4.11 gears. It ran a 14.9 at 98 mph.

OP
OP
Sheepdog

Sheepdog

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired police officer
Last edited:

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
Come on guys bragging about how fast the Ranger is, is kinda dumb. My wife’s grocery getter CX-9 is just as fast. It’s fun but nothing to brag about. Also beating a superduty isn’t impressive at all.. “look at me I beat a 8000 pound truck” ?
Sponsored