First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
Shell claims their 93 has more cleaning junk in it. Not sure if true or marketing. I tend to use Shell because it's by the house.

As far as the person that doesn't understand fuel/ignition maps relative to boost and octane rating etc etc etc.... id reccomend reading Corky Bells maximum boost for some basics (even if you already have a turbo installed and that book is more about adding a turbo) - then come back and attempt to make fun of someone and/or mess with them and/or weak sause internet troll - when they are in fact correct. 87 when the tune requires 91-93 can be bad. If i do that im flashing back to stock or driving it very gently until then tank is empty. That sort of misfire at the pump would scare me even more now that the actual temps are over 100. So, stop trying to read the owners manual in this "argument" when stock it can run 87 and not explode. Missing some logic.

Be happy your stock and much slower 2.3t can take on 87 without damage. I'll remain happy that I have more power and a better shift pattern for whatever the cost difference is between 87 and 93. Glad I don't have a long commute so it doesn't matter too much. Stopped drinking recently. More than made up for the amount I am spending in liquids in my life.
I stopped and then couldn't figure out where the $ came from to imbibe.
Sponsored

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Shell claims their 93 has more cleaning junk in it. Not sure if true or marketing. I tend to use Shell because it's by the house.
Well Shell is a Top Tier fuel provider so they do have more detergent additives than a non Top Tier. I doubt their 93 has more than there 87.

FWIW, one of the better known 2.3 Ecoboost Mustang tuners says he won't tune your vehicle if you use Shell gasoline. Something about the additives leaving deposits on the plugs that cause mis-fire issues. Personally I find that hard to believe.