Finally got some meat under the truck!

Grossgiant

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Azure Gray XLT FX4
Last weekend, put on the OME 2” lift (Nitrocharger Sport) and ReadyLift anti-intrusion beams, then got the alignment done…

IMG_1456.jpeg
Today I got some 275/70 R18s on it! Sitting about where I want it to, but it looks like I could have gone even bigger with the tires o_O
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good - that’s a lot of tire!

Nice thread title - did you know those were @Frenchy ’s Ranger’s last words?

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I came to see some road kill...

Last edited:

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Last weekend, put on the OME 2” lift (Nitrocharger Sport) and ReadyLift anti-intrusion beams, then got the alignment done…

IMG_1456.jpeg
Today I got some 275/70 R18s on it! Sitting about where I want it to, but it looks like I could have gone even bigger with the tires o_O
Looks great!

5thranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20ranger
Occupation
driver

IMG_1456.jpeg
Great color

lazynorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Crew Cab XLT FX4
Occupation
Public Health
@Grossgiant I’m very interested in the OME nitro sport lift kit (one with rear leafs, too). They offer stock/light weight, then I believe a medium and heavy duty. What did you get?

From all I’ve read, even the ‘light’ version is either sprung or valved to be quite harsh and unforgiving on uneven terrain, like corrugated roads. In other words, very stiff.

What do you think? I’d like a ~2” suspension lift, and this OME kit (not the $4k BP-51 version) comes up as one of very few kits that aren’t just a level kit. I don’t want to sacrifice that much comfort for modest lift. Also understand that Eibach Pro Truck 2.0s are softer than Billstein, firmer than Fox, sort of just right but can’t find comparisons to OME.

Anyway, sort of starved for data on the OME. I camp light, no bumpers and winches on my FX4, would probably choose the factory/stock/light version unless it is unyieldingly stiff. Or, maybe just an Eibach level with someone elses leaf spring lift.

OP
OP
Grossgiant

Grossgiant

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Azure Gray XLT FX4
@Grossgiant I’m very interested in the OME nitro sport lift kit (one with rear leafs, too). They offer stock/light weight, then I believe a medium and heavy duty. What did you get?

From all I’ve read, even the ‘light’ version is either sprung or valved to be quite harsh and unforgiving on uneven terrain, like corrugated roads. In other words, very stiff.

What do you think? I’d like a ~2” suspension lift, and this OME kit (not the $4k BP-51 version) comes up as one of very few kits that aren’t just a level kit. I don’t want to sacrifice that much comfort for modest lift. Also understand that Eibach Pro Truck 2.0s are softer than Billstein, firmer than Fox, sort of just right but can’t find comparisons to OME.

Anyway, sort of starved for data on the OME. I camp light, no bumpers and winches on my FX4, would probably choose the factory/stock/light version unless it is unyieldingly stiff. Or, maybe just an Eibach level with someone elses leaf spring lift.
I went with the light weight kit as I’m not rocking a bumper and winch. Keep in mind that my suspension is brand new (still sub-300 miles) so it will soften up a bit I’d think.
I’d say it is more rigid than the stock FX4 but it also doesn’t have as much weird rear end wobble. It feels very planted now but I do feel most little bumps. Some of this could likely be helped by putting on a steel bumper, but I personally appreciate the new suspension feel compared to stock.

lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
student

IMG_1456.jpeg
That's a great color. Might be the best. I with Ford offered a Sand color.
Interesting on the tires. I went with 265/70R17 Mickey Thompson A/T's and they look pretty beefy in comparison.
Sponsored