Finally got rid of the old man chrome...

daczone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I got a heck of a deal on my 2020 Ranger (I wanted the supercab with the longer bed), and love the Lariat trim but hated the CHROME. I changed out the grill to a FORD big lettered one and rims with some Black Appearance packaged take offs off eBAY. I used HYPERDIP on the side vents and rear camera. IMO it looks so much better!! I bought a leveling kit, so that will be done one of these weekends. It's DIRTY... Just got back from a 600 mile road trip. I want to remove the bed lettering as well.

IMG_2879.jpg
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I got a heck of a deal on my 2020 Ranger (I wanted the supercab with the longer bed), and love the Lariat trim but hated the CHROME. I changed out the grill to a FORD big lettered one and rims with some Black Appearance packaged take offs off eBAY. I used HYPERDIP on the side vents and rear camera. IMO it looks so much better!! I bought a leveling kit, so that will be done one of these weekends. It's DIRTY... Just got back from a 600 mile road trip. I want to remove the bed lettering as well.

IMG_2879.jpg
Hey Dave,

I represent that old man remark....

best,
Phil

SilverSlugger

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Baking
Everything goes in a cycle. Personally, I think Chrome is actually coming back in style and the Black appearance packages are starting to get played out....

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Everything goes in a cycle. Personally, I think Chrome is actually coming back in style and the Black appearance packages are starting to get played out....
While I have never been fond of chrome, the I have always hated the black appearance packs. So tired of blackout rims making up 95% of the choices....

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
I am not an old man, not yet at least

But I do have chrome on the Grille and Vents from the factory. I think it looks great

Can take it off road or to the valet

The rest is painted white platinum from the factory

As far as the black goes on the OP's truck, to each their own, but those wheels look too glossy for the rest of the truck IMO

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Well like the OP I was offered a great deal on a demo vehicle with 700 odo miles and the chrome package - admittedly chrome wasn't my preference but when the sales person threw in a cane and a couple bottles of geritol it was a done deal.

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
I like chrome better than blacked out. I agree that fully blacked out is overdone. Not just on vehicles, but on lots of things. I like the magnetic finish, too. I also bought a former courtesy vehicle, so I got what I got. I do think chrome looks better with some paint colors than others.

Marpater

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Consulting
Please define old for me...... I am confused

I was going for the blackout chrome look....
Sponsored