janitorjim

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2021 302 pkg, FX2, Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I have several of the same tool cases for different tools and it helps me know which one to grab when I need to bring it along, so labels help but they also help other tradesmen on the jobsite know exactly what’s in the tool case. Stuff can go missing.

I use nicknames that mean something to me but maybe not to others. Oscillating Tool and Jigsaw becomes “Ozzie & Jiggy“, Drill Driver and 1/4” Impact Driver with assorted driver and drill bits as well as screws and anchors becomes “The Go To”. 4-1/2”, 6-1/2”, 7-1/4” Circular saws and reciprocating saw becomes ”I Saw That”.

Is it it foolproof, no, but it makes me feel better. I also label everything with a marker - often where it isn’t seen when being used. I heard a drywall guy run out of battery power once - was using a 2ah battery - rookie - he magically came up with a larger battery just as mine went missing.

Me: Is that my 5ah DeWalt battery?
Drywall Installer: No, it’s mine.
Me: You sure? Slide it off and let me see it.
Drywall Installer: reluctantly pulls it off…
Me: Those initials (DHI on the tool/battery interface) stand for Duke Home Improvement - hand it over. Got anything else I should know about?
Oscillating Tool! ok was racking my brain for the saw that would be named that and for the life of me it was on the tip of my tongue
Sponsored

janitorjim

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2021 302 pkg, FX2, Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Congratulations on the New Lariat, Chuck!
My first mod- I let about 6-7 psi's worth of Wayne, Michigan air out of the tires.

Now log off and go burn all that dealer gas out of it!
grin.jpg
well you just voided your warranty
Screenshot_116.png

SegFault

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Industrial Sanitation Engineer, Cloud DevOps
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got to bring this baby home on Tuesday. What are the first modifications you did to your truck?

-2021 Ford Ranger Lariat -- Sport
Congrats! Also, great color choice. ?

First mod: Line-X spray-in bedliner, assuming you don't have something from the factory. After that, check your credit card limits. .

Turbo Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Sales
Tonneau, bed mat, tailgate letters, tailgate damper, tow hooks painted or new ones from Ford. I have a Tremor so no real need for a level or bigger tires but I would do it for sure on a Lariat

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Nice choice. I got the same one but XLT. Love the blackout package on it. You got more tech but all in all the wide grins never end!

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Congrats! We were truck twins until I missed mine. Enjoy!

Reactions: Doc

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got to bring this baby home on Tuesday. What are the first modifications you did to your truck?

tempImagegXS15c.png
Truck looks great, man! Let the mods begin! Tune, leveling, tires....

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
well you just voided your warranty
Screenshot_116.png
The following day after taking delivery of mine, I checked the tire pressures cold, and they were all 6-7psi over what my door sticker said. Proper inflation pressure will vary depending on the truck's configuration and OEM tires: 2wd vs 4wd, Standard vs FX4 vs Tremor, etc. It is common for every manufacturer to ship vehicles with overinflated tires, and the dealer prep people often do not reset the psi to what the vehicle's spec is for that tire.

Overinflation could lead to premature/uneven tire wear, which potentially can cause warranty disputes

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I have several of the same tool cases for different tools and it helps me know which one to grab when I need to bring it along, so labels help but they also help other tradesmen on the jobsite know exactly what’s in the tool case. Stuff can go missing.

I use nicknames that mean something to me but maybe not to others. Oscillating Tool and Jigsaw becomes “Ozzie & Jiggy“, Drill Driver and 1/4” Impact Driver with assorted driver and drill bits as well as screws and anchors becomes “The Go To”. 4-1/2”, 6-1/2”, 7-1/4” Circular saws and reciprocating saw becomes ”I Saw That”.

Is it it foolproof, no, but it makes me feel better. I also label everything with a marker - often where it isn’t seen when being used. I heard a drywall guy run out of battery power once - was using a 2ah battery - rookie - he magically came up with a larger battery just as mine went missing.

Me: Is that my 5ah DeWalt battery?
Drywall Installer: No, it’s mine.
Me: You sure? Slide it off and let me see it.
Drywall Installer: reluctantly pulls it off…
Me: Those initials (DHI on the tool/battery interface) stand for Duke Home Improvement - hand it over. Got anything else I should know about?
I always put my name or initials on all my tools. So many went missing. One time a guy walks up to me with two pair of channel locks that looked just like mine that were suddenly missing. I said let me see those and pulled them out. He did a half-assed job trying to scratch my initials out. I hate a thief, especially one that will steal a man's bread and butter. I love your tool names. As an electrician, I didn't have those kinds of tools of my own but had I been as witty, that's what I would've named the contractors' tools.

Last edited:

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats! It’s a beauty!:party:

tempImagegXS15c.png
I'm hoping to upgrade to a 2022 (but may have to go with the 2021) and I've decided to go with that gray. That's an awesome color especially with dark tinted windows. Congrats!

Ranger3

First Name
Dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Xlt Sport 4x4
Occupation
Store Mgr
First things at home were debadge the truck, to include the FX4 stickers, dealer sticker, ecoboost badge, etc. That’s a personal choice. Tires overinflated, fixed. Downloaded a digital copy of the owners manual. Read it.

I had read Thru some threads and copied mods I liked. I ordered some. My wife stopped me right before I could order a diamondback tonneau cover. I have been on lock down ever since. Chances are you have seen a lot of cool things here.

so, order them all at once, if you are married. learn from my mistake.
Where can I download the digital owners manual?

chuck s

First Name
chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford ranger lariat
Occupation
self employed
congrats! my opinion...check rockers for open holes on bottom, should be 10 each side.. plug them with 3/4 inch plugs before dirt and stuff gets in there.. there is a handy console tray online thats nice to add... i saw with my lariat the tires did put debris on vehicle, so i added splash guards... put window deflectors and hood bug shield.. mine came with bedliner... i also tinted windows with a ceramic tint to offset heat as i live in florida, and last door sill covers..... basically my initial items were to protect the vehicle from damage so to speak, interior or exterior. after that just personal preferences... leer hard fold cover and ranger lettering for tailgate.... i am about done...i dont care to mod the engine etc, generally factory settings work best for longevity in my opinion.
Sponsored