First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
Occupation
retired
I’m a plastics and rubber engineer and Just noticed both orange bumpers over rear springs are incompletely filled parts (bottom 1/3 is thin and missing in spots). I can understand how they accidentally got included with good parts at the molder (although it’s not a good sign) since during startup the tool and molding machine has to warm up and settle in. molded parts typically automatically ejected and collected In a box or container. But how can an assembly worker install something like this??? Both sides are bogus.

just contacted dealer to get them replaced, should not be an issue as they are obviously defective from factory. Never seen anything like this on my 2012 Tacoma or 2016 T4R. Ford needs to improve quality control. Pinch welds look like heck, too. Love the Ranger but wish Ford manufactured as well as Toyota. They charge enough for the product!
E9DF9B07-65FF-46AA-BC1E-8CFBC61B14B7.jpeg
There is no excuse possible for anyone to install such an obviously defective product/part. I can believe my eyes. That is unforgivable. A supervisor should have been informed. That would have held up the assembly line. But, that would have been better than letting a truck go out like that. The line part supplier should have seen that! Quality control must be on vacation at that particular factory.!
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
There is no excuse possible for anyone to install such an obviously defective product/part. I can believe my eyes. That is unforgivable. A supervisor should have been informed. That would have held up the assembly line. But, that would have been better than letting a truck go out like that. The line part supplier should have seen that! Quality control must be on vacation at that particular factory.!
Wrong on all acounts.... visual inspection of the bottom???? get real...

Best,
Phil

LB'sTremor

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Iconic Lariat Tremor
Occupation
IT

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
the OP only had his order placed on Wednesday for new bouncy things....so we have to hold out until he comes back with the end result.....could be awhile. we need to keep the thread alive so it doesn't disappear
Bouncy things huh? Sounds like something you shouldn't Google at work.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I've gotta admit - my first thoughts when I opened this thread is that the OP is an idiot. Then I recalled how mine look and I decided it's time to call Ford and get all Karen-ie with 'em. Obviously they made them out of something squirrels like to chew on or somethin'!
2022-07-25 12.45.40.jpg

2022-07-25 12.45.47.jpg

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
To me, what they look like is completely immaterial. The question should be - "Do they WORK"? If they work/function, it isn't a warranty issue, IMO.

These are parts way under the truck and should not in any way be considered "appearance" parts. You have to really want to see them in order to see what they look like.

NeptuneRanger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Insurance Agency Owner AZ, CA, CO and WA.
In all fairness to the original poster, I noticed the bump stops that I thought were defective parts myself. Called the dealership service department about it right out of the chute. Knowledge is power and that is what I love about this forum you learn something every day !! Those bump stops look like Kong dog toys. To the uniformed, they look unsymmetrical and broken. We are so used to seeing perfection our brain immediately focuses on abnormalities.
The OPs engineering mind went into overdrive trying to figure out how the mold would pop out such a POS, never understanding ( I didn’t either) that it is intentional. Give our Ranger brother a break, I am sure he is wiser now.

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
Bouncy things huh? Sounds like something you shouldn't Google at work.
Meh, just brings up info about inflatable bouncy houses/castles. Purchasing mostly, some rentals. The pictures are not all that flattering.
Both IT and Associate Relations rate this low risk. I was advised to stop putting innocent terms in air quotes.
Bouncy things = okay.
“Bouncy things” = better to avoid.
Sponsored