Elocker wiring

Mustangman02232

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 ranger
Like to know the wiring, these are starting to pop up wrecked a little more now and would love to find one from a part out
Sponsored

OP
OP

Scytale

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Stx 4x4
Like to know the wiring, these are starting to pop up wrecked a little more now and would love to find one from a part out
I haven't got there yet. I did however change gears on the project. I returned the locker to 4wheelparts and as suggested earlier in the thread, I purchased a complete axle assembly w/5k miles on it. Has the harness too, I just picked it up today. I have the oem switch too. I'm having a guy install it this week. I'll have to either get it sorted out in forscan, or just put in a switch. I'll let you know how it goes.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't got there yet. I did however change gears on the project. I returned the locker to 4wheelparts and as suggested earlier in the thread, I purchased a complete axle assembly w/5k miles on it. Has the harness too, I just picked it up today. I have the oem switch too. I'm having a guy install it this week. I'll have to either get it sorted out in forscan, or just put in a switch. I'll let you know how it goes.
Awesome!
Now you can sell your old one for $750!

(2 months later) umm $500.

(3 months later) umm $250 and I’ll meet you halfway.

(4 months later) Free rear end come get it!
?

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Awesome!
Now you can sell your old one for $750!

(2 months later) umm $500.

(3 months later) umm $250 and I’ll meet you halfway.

(4 months later) Free rear end come get it!
?
SOLD!!!

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
Man this makes me glad my poverty ranger (XL STX) came with a locker. It actually saved my ass once in a trail when I was stuck.

daczone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Man this makes me glad my poverty ranger (XL STX) came with a locker. It actually saved my ass once in a trail when I was stuck.
AND the STX has the best damn grill of the bunch! Sometimes Ford is weird like that. I hated the Lariat grill so bad that was the first thing to go.

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
AND the STX has the best damn grill of the bunch! Sometimes Ford is weird like that. I hated the Lariat grill so bad that was the first thing to go.
Agreed :)

OP
OP

Scytale

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Stx 4x4
Well I am having the axle installed this week. I got in forscan and switched the locker on in the IPC module. I doesn't appear to be there in the BCM though. Maybe it is listed somewhere else? Is a lot going on in there.

RangerBill

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew FX4
Occupation
retired
Screenshot 2022-08-06 010213.jpg
It looks like a relay in the battery junction box supplies power to the locking rear axle.

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
The electronic locking diff is ok for slow stuff which covers most users who 1)have this truck and 2)want an electronically locking diff, but I'm the opposite meaning I want a custom beefier rear end at least 35 spline and taller gears that stays fully engaged with the pedal floored off road but can turn the corners of a Starbucks drive-thru without going churp churp churp! Also, disabling ABS is the only way I've found to have fun without the electrical forced braking that cuts your wide turn short.

Anyway, it seems the ranger aftermarket kinda got skipped with the release of the bronco.
Sponsored

Last edited: