Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner
So I was driving my ATV over some country roads with pot holes. The ATV went over the potholes with the suspension absorbing all of the shock. It occurred to me that it handled them better than my Ranger would.

Eventually I would like to get the rear Eibach shock “Eibach PRO-TRUCK SPORT SHOCK: E60-35-048-01-01.”. The ATV experience made me think that if the front shocks were as good as the Eibach rear shocks, that would be best.

If I was to get the aforementioned rear shocks, what Eibach front shocks would match them? If I wanted a 1 to 2” “level”, would these same shocks work, or would I have to get a different animal.

The goal is to have rear and front shocks that are as good as the rear Eibach PRO-TRUCK SPORT SHOCK: E60-35-048-01-01 . Any level is a bonus and I would not be looking for a full level.

I did pose this question to Eibach, but did not hear from them. Do you have any suggestions? Keep in mind I am almost totally ignorant of this topic.
the standard Eibach ranger shocks will work good for you

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/E...Eibach-Pro-Truck-Front-3-Leveling-Struts.html

if you use these with the factory springs, you can choose 0 to 3" lift (there's like 5 different settings between) with no other modifications

I have these on my truck, and the ride off road is significantly better than stock.
Sponsored

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
the standard Eibach ranger shocks will work good for you

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/E...Eibach-Pro-Truck-Front-3-Leveling-Struts.html

if you use these with the factory springs, you can choose 0 to 3" lift (there's like 5 different settings between) with no other modifications

I have these on my truck, and the ride off road is significantly better than stock.
Thanks! Perfect! That is exactly the simple thing I was hoping for. I likely won’t do it until the spring. Thanks again.

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

navsnipe

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ranger FX4 Lariat (totaled), 23 Audi Q5
Occupation
Automating Buildings and confusing humans
I just put Eibach shocks on the rear end of my truck and took it for a drive. Holy cow! These transform the ride. I was getting a little crazy over broken pavement and ripples with the FX4 shocks, the Eibach's firm up the ride and give some much needed damping to the suspension. I am ordering a set for the front now.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
The snap ring settings are 5/8ths of an inch apart on the front strut and pre-loads the suspension if I understand correctly. I presume the manufacturers are referencing the factory progressive rate springs with height adjustments. The more pre-load, the firmer/stiffer the ride will be for those who care. I find the factory configuration slightly more 'trucklike' than I want and the stance unbalanced although I'm going to keep a slight rake. The odd effect is going to be a stiffer front suspension which I probably will appreciate on a street setting, I don't know (and am not concerned) with off road changes, but I guess purists would want a different setup for those frequent excursions like The Old Man Emu kit. The performance dampening will be welcome.

Just got the notice that my Prothane front swaybar bushings have shipped for the front. For what I give up by raising the front a couple inches I hope to get back in what should be better cornering. I don't advocate adding a swaybar to the rear unless you tow frequently. Good to see aftermarket springs available as an alternative for that though. Seems like a better upgrade especially if you load the bed.

Drawback will be the wear on the motor but who lives forever?

gcan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I already installed the Fox 2.0 on the rear and now want to address the front. The Eibach struts are cheaper, would it be a problem having Fox on the rear and Eibach on the front?
FYI- the rear replacements worked out great and made a big difference in the ride/drive quality

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I already installed the Fox 2.0 on the rear and now want to address the front. The Eibach struts are cheaper, would it be a problem having Fox on the rear and Eibach on the front?
FYI- the rear replacements worked out great and made a big difference in the ride/drive quality
shouldn't be a problem. They may have slight differences in firmness, but it's likely minimal, and shouldn't affect it negatively.

The snap ring settings are 5/8ths of an inch apart on the front strut and pre-loads the suspension if I understand correctly. I presume the manufacturers are referencing the factory progressive rate springs with height adjustments. The more pre-load, the firmer/stiffer the ride will be for those who care. I find the factory configuration slightly more 'trucklike' than I want and the stance unbalanced although I'm going to keep a slight rake. The odd effect is going to be a stiffer front suspension which I probably will appreciate on a street setting, I don't know (and am not concerned) with off road changes, but I guess purists would want a different setup for those frequent excursions like The Old Man Emu kit. The performance dampening will be welcome.
So, there's lots of stuff going on with the front eibach shocks. While the settings do change the preload, the shock travel is also longer than the factory units, so with the eibach shocks set at 2" lift, That's not going to be the same effective change in spring rate as preloading the springs on the factory length shocks to get the same amount of lift - I would imagine that if you set them to 0" lift, you will essentially be making the spring rate slightly softer than stock. But honestly I don't think the changes in spring rate due to preload alone will have a considerable change in what the driver feels. But with the changes in damping force as well, it changes the feel dramatically.
Also, yes the height changes listed are with factory springs. If you go with the Eibach springs, you have to set them at the lowest point and you get a 3" lift.

What I found, in changing only the front eibach shocks, with factory springs, set to ~ 2 1/4" lift, is that it feels slightly firmer on road in the sense that it doesn't bounce as much, but offroad it actually gives the impression of being softer as it absorbs the big bumps a lot better.

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
shouldn't be a problem. They may have slight differences in firmness, but it's likely minimal, and shouldn't affect it negatively.

So, there's lots of stuff going on with the front eibach shocks. While the settings do change the preload, the shock travel is also longer than the factory units, so with the eibach shocks set at 2" lift, That's not going to be the same effective change in spring rate as preloading the springs on the factory length shocks to get the same amount of lift - I would imagine that if you set them to 0" lift, you will essentially be making the spring rate slightly softer than stock. But honestly I don't think the changes in spring rate due to preload alone will have a considerable change in what the driver feels. But with the changes in damping force as well, it changes the feel dramatically.
Also, yes the height changes listed are with factory springs. If you go with the Eibach springs, you have to set them at the lowest point and you get a 3" lift.

What I found, in changing only the front eibach shocks, with factory springs, set to ~ 2 1/4" lift, is that it feels slightly firmer on road in the sense that it doesn't bounce as much, but offroad it actually gives the impression of being softer as it absorbs the big bumps a lot better.
Everything I read, changing out the rear shocks to Eibach shocks, is a noticeable Improvement to the ride quality. If you are not really looking to lift the front, or just having a minimal lift, is there any real noticeable change to putting on the front Eibach shocks

Reactions: EJH

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Everything I read, changing out the rear shocks to Eibach shocks, is a noticeable Improvement to the ride quality. If you are not really looking to lift the front, or just having a minimal lift, is there any real noticeable change to putting on the front Eibach shocks
I'm gonna say yes, just due to the difference in dampening with the shocks. But I have no real world experience with changing the shocks at stock height.
I'd also say, though, if all you want is an improvement in ride, start with the rears. They're cheap and really easy to install. If you still aren't happy with the ride, then go for the fronts.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hey gang,

I wanted to get an idea of what the different settings on the eibach front struts look like. I thought I wanted to go with 1.5", but after this test I went with the 2.25" setting. Glad I did!

20201205_103232.jpg

20201205_103259.jpg

20201205_103331.jpg

20201205_103356.jpg
I kind of feel like this should be reposted as its own thread and stickied!

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey gang,

I wanted to get an idea of what the different settings on the eibach front struts look like. I thought I wanted to go with 1.5", but after this test I went with the 2.25" setting. Glad I did!

20201205_103232.jpg

20201205_103259.jpg

20201205_103331.jpg

20201205_103356.jpg
Great post and super helpful pictures. I wasn’t looking for a full level and for me personally, I like the look of the 1.5” lift.

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I did rough measurements when I first bought the truck and 1-1.5 inch in the front would make the truck level with 500lbs tongue weight, which is what I estimate the max I plan on hauling. 500lb tongue weight is about 5000lb trailer, give or take some depending on setup.
Not a fan of opposite rake when a leveled truck is loaded down. To each their own.

Hopefully may help someone thats wondering.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I did rough measurements when I first bought the truck and 1-1.5 inch in the front would make the truck level with 500lbs tongue weight, which is what I estimate the max I plan on hauling. 500lb tongue weight is about 5000lb trailer, give or take some depending on setup.
Not a fan of opposite rake when a leveled truck is loaded down. To each their own.

Hopefully may help someone thats wondering.
Yes. I was not happy when I initially did my truck and the front sat higher than the rear, UNLOADED! I'm running the Eibachs set to the highest with their spring, for 3.75" of lift. I went with that because of my bumper and winch combo. It eventually settled to about 3.5", maybe a little less. Now it sits level with a very light load in the bed. But if I put my boat trailer on it, I'm back to a sagging ass.

I've got rear helper springs coming that will add a claimed 750lbs. capacity to the rear.
2020-08-16 14.15.38.jpg
Sponsored