Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef

Deleted member 15875

Wow that install was veryyyy simple. I'm not a noob by any means but not an expert either with cars.
I took it around my neighborhood and it feels sooo much better. Doesn't feel like a small boat in big waves anymore.
And I was getting a nasty clunking noise when I would go over bumps and this seems to have solved that issue as well.
Since you just did the rears, does the front feel low and spongy now? This has been my experience. Rear feels better, but now the truck feels imbalanced. Next I'm going up to the Ford/Fox full kit front and rear.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Since you just did the rears, does the front feel low and spongy now? This has been my experience. Rear feels better, but now the truck feels imbalanced. Next I'm going up to the Ford/Fox full kit front and rear.
I've wondered the same.
If I replace the rear shocks will it make the front feel funny or imbalanced in some way?

Deleted member 15875

I've wondered the same.
If I replace the rear shocks will it make the front feel funny or imbalanced in some way?
Yes, in my experience. For example, I used to jump up and down on rear and it was always real plush and spongy. With the 5100's in the rear only, the rear now holds up significantly better, but the front is mushy and spongy. It feels lower in the front now. Hopefully my Fox kit solved it all once and for all. Once I get my Fox's on, you are welcome to try my 5100's. It's litertly 4 bolts, but it definately is an improvement in how it drives, but you need to do both ends, IMO..

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Yes, in my experience. For example, I used to jump up and down on rear and it was always real plush and spongy. With the 5100's in the rear only, the rear now holds up significantly better, but the front is mushy and spongy. It feels lower in the front now. Hopefully my Fox kit solved it all once and for all. Once I get my Fox's on, you are welcome to try my 5100's. It's litertly 4 bolts, but it definately is an improvement in how it drives, but you need to do both ends, IMO..
I see.
On my '19 2WD I put the Ford Fox level kit and it was night and day different in the ride all the way around.
But then I eventually developed a vibration no one could explain or fix and I ended up trading a truck I really loved for my '21 4WD, which has no vibrations and I also love.
I do t wanna have to do all 4 corners, but also see the wisdom in it.
$$$$$ keeps me from it for now.

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
Eibachs 2.0 on all corners, Icon UCA, 32s...whole different truck. Was not bad before but a helluva lot more fun now. Not one issue from any of the MODs other than its AWESOME!
Sponsored