Eibach Pro Truck Sport rear shocks vs stock rear shocks?

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'm thinking of going with the Eibach's for the rear. Those who have rear Eibach's are the bump hits much stiffer than stock?
I'd like better rebound but not at the cost of harder hitting of bumps and such.
Sponsored

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I'm thinking of going with the Eibach's for the rear. Those who have rear Eibach's are the bump hits much stiffer than stock?
I'd like better rebound but not at the cost of harder hitting of bumps and such.
I ordered some today but it may be a month before I have them here and installed!

OP
OP
joeb427

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'll take a shot and just ordered the rears.

Str8sh0otr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x4
Just ordered front and rear myself to take advantage of the black friday pricing. Been lurking around for a while to figure out best options. Anyone know how long until they arrive?

Jerry Caldwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Architect
Just ordered front and rear myself to take advantage of the black friday pricing. Been lurking around for a while to figure out best options. Anyone know how long until they arrive?
I would be interested in hearing how the rebound is while towing your boat. I have an FX4 that needs some better rebound control when towing.

Str8sh0otr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x4
I would be interested in hearing how the rebound is while towing your boat. I have an FX4 that needs some better rebound control when towing.
Would be happy to help but she's winterized and in storage. By the time I can report back it will be May

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered from Stage3 and it took 3 days from Cali to Virginia. Very quick shipping. My boat also winterized until April 1.

Would be happy to help but she's winterized and in storage. By the time I can report back it will be May

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the rears today and drove around for an hour or so. A couple of notes. First of all the shipping and customer service from Stage 3 was great. I’d definitely buy from them again. They were drop shipped from Eibach in California and arrived at my house in Virginia within a few days. The install isn’t complicated but was physical. The shocks are simply held on by a bolt at the top and bottom. #15 socket and the stock shock came right off. I tried to install the new ones without jacking up a tire. Maybe someone stronger would have more success! After jacking up the tire it was doable but still tough. Had to use a lot of strength to compress the shock and line up the bolt. Used a little pry bar to help. Anyway, I’m not sure I’d do that myself again. From a driving perspective I do think the truck feels more planted and settles down more quickly after hitting bumps. It’s a moderate improvement for a cheap price. It’s peaked my interest in doing the front too so please post on your driving impressions!

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I installed the rears today and drove around for an hour or so. A couple of notes. First of all the shipping and customer service from Stage 3 was great. I’d definitely buy from them again. They were drop shipped from Eibach in California and arrived at my house in Virginia within a few days. The install isn’t complicated but was physical. The shocks are simply held on by a bolt at the top and bottom. #15 socket and the stock shock came right off. I tried to install the new ones without jacking up a tire. Maybe someone stronger would have more success! After jacking up the tire it was doable but still tough. Had to use a lot of strength to compress the shock and line up the bolt. Used a little pry bar to help. Anyway, I’m not sure I’d do that myself again. From a driving perspective I do think the truck feels more planted and settles down more quickly after hitting bumps. It’s a moderate improvement for a cheap price. It’s peaked my interest in doing the front too so please post on your driving impressions!
Thanks for the input, I haven’t heard anything but good reviews on these and can’t wait until mine come in!

OP
OP
joeb427

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Did you have the problem with the Eibach bushings fitting properly?

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the input, I haven’t heard anything but good reviews on these and can’t wait until mine come in!
You're going to love them. Ride is much improved. Between new Michelins and a 2.25 adjusted Eibach shocks, the ride and damping is golden

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Did you have the problem with the Eibach bushings fitting properly?
The kit didn't come with bushings. So he used the bushings that were already there. Stock shock has a smaller hole than the Eibachs. I did notice a lot of bolts and nuts with the Eibach kit.

Hold off until I can get up there, Or you down here. You should drive my truck with the shocks before you make any decisions. Your opinion would be more objective because I spent money so I'll be looking for a better ride. At least it feels that way to me I'd like for you to drive and see what you think before you spend money. You can actually feel the damping of the rear shock when you go over speed bumps or railroad tracks or something like that. So far it's the best money I've spent on this truck.
Sponsored

Last edited: