First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
I kind of feel like this should be reposted as its own thread and stickied!
+1 for sure. I am bookmarking this post. Excellent reference. Thank you.
Sponsored

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Eibach question, I have a 19 4x2 I put Eibach rear shocks on and I have the fronts but they are not installed yet. My question is the struts have a zero lift setting (lowest groove) and if I installed them on my 4x2 I think they will lift it an inch or so, can anyone confirm this ? My 4x2 lariat heights (ground to top of wheel well ) F-34 5/8 and R-38 1/4 . My 20 lariat FX4 heights F-35 3/4 and R 38 . My 4x2 is 1/4 inch higher in the rear as the Eibach's raised it 1/4 inch. Does anyone know if regular 4x4 and FX4 have same ride heights ? I am waiting for cost effective way to lower the rear end and I don't want to raise the front anymore than it is. Thanks Bret

Hoosier Daddy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4
Just ordered a Christmas present for me! Can someone confirm I got the correct set up?

ordered from Tirerack
1) EIBACH PRO-TRUCK COILOVER 2.0
2)

EIBACH PRO-TRUCK SHOCK EA.
2​
No idea what I’m doing but this seemed to be the agreed upon setup after reading this whole thread.
Just looking for a better ride while maintaining a little rake
Opinions welcome.

thanks
Dan

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner
Eibach question, I have a 19 4x2 I put Eibach rear shocks on and I have the fronts but they are not installed yet. My question is the struts have a zero lift setting (lowest groove) and if I installed them on my 4x2 I think they will lift it an inch or so, can anyone confirm this ? My 4x2 lariat heights (ground to top of wheel well ) F-34 5/8 and R-38 1/4 . My 20 lariat FX4 heights F-35 3/4 and R 38 . My 4x2 is 1/4 inch higher in the rear as the Eibach's raised it 1/4 inch. Does anyone know if regular 4x4 and FX4 have same ride heights ? I am waiting for cost effective way to lower the rear end and I don't want to raise the front anymore than it is. Thanks Bret
interesting, I though that 4x2 and 4x4 are supposed to have the same ride height as well. FX4 vs regular 4x4 do have the same ride height.

Also, the rear shocks alone have no ability to change the ride height... they literally can't do it. all they do is control movement. Are you sure it changed after installing them? If so, something else must have changed.

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired mechanic
interesting, I though that 4x2 and 4x4 are supposed to have the same ride height as well. FX4 vs regular 4x4 do have the same ride height.

Also, the rear shocks alone have no ability to change the ride height... they literally can't do it. all they do is control movement. Are you sure it changed after installing them? If so, something else must have changed.
Thanks Travis, now I guess if I do the struts on lowest setting it will raise front about an inch. The rear Eibachs do lift some when installed, I measured before and after due to their high pressure gas charge. Im 250lbs and its everything I can do to compress the rear shocks. My 4x2 is 1/4 higher in the rear than my 4x4 fx4 . Bret

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks Travis, now I guess if I do the struts on lowest setting it will raise front about an inch. The rear Eibachs do lift some when installed, I measured before and after due to their high pressure gas charge. Im 250lbs and its everything I can do to compress the rear shocks. My 4x2 is 1/4 higher in the rear than my 4x4 fx4 . Bret
I've never heard of a shock with enough pressure to support the weight of the vehicle... This honestly has me a bit concerned.

Have any other users on here with rear Eibach shocks only (I know there's a bunch of you) noticed the rear increasing in height after installation?

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I've never heard of a shock with enough pressure to support the weight of the vehicle... This honestly has me a bit concerned.

Have any other users on here with rear Eibach shocks only (I know there's a bunch of you) noticed the rear increasing in height after installation?
No. No increase in rear ride height. But I will say, that rear shock was a PITA to install! LOL

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired mechanic

You should try compressing one. You will see why there is a little lift. Supporting the rear is little different than supporting the front end.

Last edited:

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You should try compressing one. You will see why there is a little lift. Supporting the rear is little different than supporting the front end.
I must have misread you before, I thought you had initially said 1" taller, not 1/4".
Still a little odd, but much more reasonable and possible, since that's a pretty minimal difference. If it were actually a full 1" difference, I would legitimately be worried in an issue with the shocks or something.

Trucks look good though!

Mr.Scary

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger sport 4x4
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Installed Eibach's on my Ranger yesterday set at 1.5". Much improve ride!

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0344(1).jpg
I got the pro lift kit today. And was wonder are the factory spring perches removable to use on the EI Bach front shocks. Look like it in the pic but never taken my rangers shocks apart yet so not sure myself. Thanks

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I got the pro lift kit today. And was wonder are the factory spring perches removable to use on the EI Bach front shocks. Look like it in the pic but never taken my rangers shocks apart yet so not sure myself. Thanks
Yes. You disassemble your stock struts and transfer over the perches.

OP
OP
xracer128

xracer128

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Yep...anything transferred to Eibach!

aeroshots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
The instructions that came with my struts gave an estimated lift per setting. I found them exact ony fx2
Wel exact for the setting I used.
Sponsored