Eibach shocks

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
I've done the rear shocks an I'm happy with the results. Next year I'll probably do the front's an I'm leaning on doing the Eibach struts with factory springs at the second highest setting. I'd consider the eibach springs I'd like to hear a review of how each rides. I don't off road, maybe drive through a field to get to where my grandkids ride 4 wheelers. I haven't seen the front struts an springs without the rears included which I already have.
I know you posted this 6 months ago, I am just wondering how you are still liking your rear Eibach shocks?

Like you, I am not doing a lot of off roading, I tow a little, but not a lot, and I am 95% on smooth paved roads. I am not dissatisfied with the current ride, but I did notice the bounce when I was towing and on the odd bounce on a bump, but nothing too egregious. However I keep reading about the improved ride with them.

Did you find it was a significant difference? I also have an XLT.

Thanks.
Sponsored

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I know you posted this 6 months ago, I am just wondering how you are still liking your rear Eibach shocks?
Yes I'm still happy. Best Mod I've done. I think it improved the truck more than the performance tune I installed. Since I'm mostly looking for ride quality not off road ability I ordered Bilstein front struts. they were a little more money an you lose a half an inch lift potential but I've read a lot on the subject an thought I'd try them. Not sure when I'll get them installed though. I'm having shoulder surgery an can't get it done myself before then so I might pay a guy I know that runs a shop out of his garage, waiting a price from him.

GAR2912

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
General Contractor
I installed the Eibach rears today. Noticeable difference in ride and reduction in wallow. If I pushed the side of the truck to rock it with OEM, it rocked 5 times before it stopped. Now it is half that.

Contemplating doing the fronts next. 2020 XLT RWD Supercab.

Last edited:

Kyre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, Lariat
Installed the Eibach rears two weeks ago. As already noted, the stock shocks were incredibly squishy. I could easily compress the shock by holding an end in each hand and simply pushing together. I had to put my body weight against the Eibach's to compress them. I made a trip from the bay area to San Diego and back again. A significant difference.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
IMG_20210301_160409884_HDR~3.jpg

I finally got around to having a local shop install my fronts and doing the alignment. Worked out a cash discount ahead of time - most shops don't want to do work when they don't sell you the accessory so I had to shop around a bit.

The headlight alignment was easily done myself.

I obsessed way to much whether to go to the second from the highest snap ring setting or the middle one - it wasn't so much about the appearance although that had something to do with it ?- I wanted to retain some rake for highway gas mileage and in anticipation of towing.

Right now I feel I made the best decision - the middle setting with the factory springs and the pre-loading of the suspension it's a bit stiffer but the damping is very good. The personality of the truck's road manors is a little more rugged.

Interesting what just under 2 inches of front end lift has done for the perception of size of the Ranger from behind the wheel. Cornering is different too and now I want to get the Prothane swaybar bushings on to 'fix' the slight shift in understeer.

Last edited:

MVRanger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT
How long did it take for everyones kit to come in? I have been waiting 5 weeks so far :(

Nathan289

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat fx4, 2019 mazda cx3, 1963 falco
Occupation
Leo
How long did it take for everyones kit to come in? I have been waiting 5 weeks so far :(
Ordered the pro truck coilover kit 1/31.
The fronts arrived 2/10..
Still waiting on rears.. rears were out of stock untill 2/19.. my rears were supposed to ship this past week. I have not received a notice that they have shipped. They are now out of stock again.. if i dont recieve a notice this week i will be asking for a refund.. i found the Bilstien in stock and will go that route.

The decision i have to make is will i let the mix match of brands bother me.. if it does i'll have the front coilovers for sale shortly..

The rears came in a day or 2 after i posted this comment.

Last edited:

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
My experience was odd. I found the best prices through Amazon and while I ordered the rears a month or so in advance and they came as a pair, the fronts were only available separately. One of the fronts was the wrong part when it arrived and I returned it, but I also had some points to apply to the other so it was sort of a savings. It was a little more than two months before I could get the fronts put on. The rears really were a great improvement by themselves.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
Following up I was only slightly concerned about what towing would do to the stance. (1.5 inch front lift)

No problem:

IMG_20210322_135559905_HDR~2.jpg

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Following up I was only slightly concerned about what towing would do to the stance. (1.5 inch front lift)

No problem:

Any idea what your tongue weight was with that trailer?

Reactions: EJH

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient

No problem:

Any idea what your tongue weight was with that trailer?
Eh, the 6x12 was only rated for 2500 lbs I think? It was full end to end and to the top with a freezer, furniture, books and clothes among other things.

dapakattack

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4
Last night was driving down some bumpy and winding roads leaving my brothers. We did this for about 15 minutes until we got onto the highway. My wife, who gets motion sick very easily, asked me to stop after being on the highway for 10 minutes or so since she was not feeling well.

The Ranger (SuperCrew XLT 4x4) replaced our family vehicle (Volvo XC60), which she never felt sick in doing the same drive many times. I really don't want to take her car (BMW 328i sedan) when we are doing family drives.

I have replaced my rear shocks with eibach's, but apparently that isn't enough. Would I see a lot of reduced body roll (sorry if I am not using the right term) if I replaced the fronts with eibach's too?

How much should I expect to pay for a shop to replace the fronts (keeing all else OEM) and an alignment?

Thank you for the advice,

Daniel

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner
Last night was driving down some bumpy and winding roads leaving my brothers. We did this for about 15 minutes until we got onto the highway. My wife, who gets motion sick very easily, asked me to stop after being on the highway for 10 minutes or so since she was not feeling well.

The Ranger (SuperCrew XLT 4x4) replaced our family vehicle (Volvo XC60), which she never felt sick in doing the same drive many times. I really don't want to take her car (BMW 328i sedan) when we are doing family drives.

I have replaced my rear shocks with eibach's, but apparently that isn't enough. Would I see a lot of reduced body roll (sorry if I am not using the right term) if I replaced the fronts with eibach's too?

How much should I expect to pay for a shop to replace the fronts (keeing all else OEM) and an alignment?

Thank you for the advice,

Daniel
I replaced only the fronts with eibach on my truck, and it made a big difference. I don't know that the body roll will change (might want to try adding a rear swaybar for that), but it made the truck much less bouncy than before.

Can't help on the cost question.

mkdunne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT RWD
so for me i have had 5 f150s since 2012 all of them had shocks swapped for Bilstein, i have yet to like any shock ford uses. with that said i bought the fx4 and the shocks were so soft i hated the truck for it. it always seemed to be all over the road and never settled.
i waited for Bilstein and they didnt seem to have anything for the ranger
so we went with Eibach they sure look like Bilstein shocks. so for me i would rather have a road holding truck then a bouncy soft truck and the Eibach works great, you will feel the road, it is firm, but for me that is a good thing. firm does not mean hard, it means firm and it absorbs bumps very well. this truck will see off road almost never as i live in MN and we really have nowhere to go for that sort of stuff. so road manners for me is where i try to make my truck work. so this is with the factory springs and 1.5 lift, fits in my garage with about an inch to spare.
i will also add the kit with springs is a 3in lift only and the bare strut with factory springs gives you all the options for lift. do not buy the kit with springs if you dont want 3in of lift

9.jpg

8.jpg
Looks awesome! Do you mind me asking what size tires these are? Really leaning toward 1.5 setting
Sponsored