Do ya’ll turn your AC off before turning truck off?

OP
OP
AdamHarris

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Oh you’uns is a whole different animal. Also a plural pronoun but only used to address a bunch of snot nose punk ass little kids running around the yard LOL.
Sponsored

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
In my 68 I pump the foot feed as I pull out the choke. When it starts I push the choke in a little.

Years ago I worked in a laundry and a man came in and asked if ya'll do dry cleaning. I said no we all dont but some of us do.

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
In my 68 I pump the foot feed as I pull out the choke. When it starts I push the choke in a little.

Years ago I worked in a laundry and a man came in and asked if ya'll do dry cleaning. I said no we all dont but some of us do.
It's like somebody asking if I had a haircut. "No, I had em' all cut."

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
It's like somebody asking if I had a haircut. "No, I had em' all cut."
A friend of mine is missing most of his hair. I asked if he got a haircut and he said, yep "both of them." His haircuts take 2 seconds :LOL:

F150stxguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
We're starting to look at other areas now just now sure on where to go. Wherever we go one prerequisite is it has to be a pro 2A state and no long cold winters. I hate being cold but it's been just getting hotter and hotter here especially with all the building going on. All the concrete and asphalt just hold the heat in and give it a "heat island effect" where even at 11:00 it's still over 100 out.
west Texas? Dry heat, low humidity, plenty of jobs, lots of recreational land for sale by El Paso. Let’s go halves on 50 to 100 acres so we can have our own shooting range lol.

We can get hot but nowhere near your guys’ level. The highest we hit last year was 113. Plus it gets pretty comfy at night. Even on the hottest of days.

Spence's bumper sticker

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Edge Sport
Occupation
Security Analyst + USN
I hate to tell you but the pool water won't be much better. When it's 110+ outside that water will be like a big ol hot tub.
I'm in Mesa, my pool was 85 degrees this morning. Took a 6 am swim with my four year old. Love it.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
west Texas? Dry heat, low humidity, plenty of jobs, lots of recreational land for sale by El Paso. Let’s go halves on 50 to 100 acres so we can have our own shooting range lol.

We can get hot but nowhere near your guys’ level. The highest we hit last year was 113. Plus it gets pretty comfy at night. Even on the hottest of days.
113...and I thought I lived in a hot dry desert area :tumbleweed:??? :LOL:

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
I had a 78 Toyota Landcruiser that I bought new. It had a manual choke; loved it.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Yeah..but do you turn the A/C off……:sunglasses:
No AC but it had front and rear heaters. Of course they weren't much good with the top off. :crackup:

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
west Texas? Dry heat, low humidity, plenty of jobs, lots of recreational land for sale by El Paso.
My Father was stationed at Biggs AFB (El Paso) when I was young, it was the only place I have ever lived where you could be standing in mud and have sand blowing in your face. :crackup:

F150stxguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
113...and I thought I lived in a hot dry desert area :tumbleweed:??? :LOL:
One thing I absolutely love about the south west is the abundance of sunshine and dry weather. And the desert has its own beauty that I’ve come to appreciate.
I’ve always heard Albuquerque has perfect weather because of the elevation. I’ve yet to get over there to visit.

Ive Actually acclimated to the weather here. Now when it’s 30’s or 40’s I’m freezing.

last year the high was 113, but we have numerous days in the 100-103 range. By the end of the summer I thought 95 was downright perfect, especially if you’re out of the sun.
Sponsored