Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Downloaded current Forscan beta, installed and turned off the enabled sound enhancement. I "believe" that the passenger compartment is quieter and I can actually hear more 'outside' sound. Engine/exhuast don't sound as deep/bassy now. Have a road trip coming up, will see if I still believe that afterwards.
Sponsored

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Downloaded current Forscan beta, installed and turned off the enabled sound enhancement. I "believe" that the passenger compartment is quieter and I can actually hear more 'outside' sound. Engine/exhuast don't sound as deep/bassy now. Have a road trip coming up, will see if I still believe that afterwards.
Easy to do Terry ? I have never used forscan before. I think I rode the short bus when it comes to that stuff. Bret

mlarma

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x2
Occupation
Computers/Networks
I disabled mine that way today and was like whoa so that’s what the engine sounds like. It is quieter and honestly the music from my iPhone sounds less muddy and more enjoyable. That would make sense but wish I could measure it so that it isn’t me just enjoying the placebo effect.

daniel3507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Easy to do Terry ? I have never used forscan before. I think I rode the short bus when it comes to that stuff. Bret
I was hesitant to try but I used it for the first time last week. It's all menu based where you just select to enable or disable most things. Way easier than messing with numbers and codes

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Bret, it is easy if you've worked around computers and spreadsheets.

Hard for first timers as all "new" programs are.

It would be easy if there was a picture/procedure book (which there are plenty made by many who don't help make it easy...like work lol!).

The Forscan threads give you a general idea of what's going on. I think if you had a set of instructions (like the old Revell models) you catch on quick.

If you can install the Forscan program and hook an odb scanner up between computer and car, then you've done the hard part.

Last edited:

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Bret, it is easy if you've worked around computers and spreadsheets.

Hard for first timers as all "new" programs are.

It would be easy if there was a picture/procedure book (which there are plenty made by many who don't help make it easy...like work lol!).

The Forscan threads give you a general idea of what's going on. I think if you had a set of instructions (like the old Revell models) you catch on quick.

If you can install the Forscan program and hook an odb scanner up between computer and car, then you've done the hard part.
Thanks Terry ! That's my problem. I can build motors, rear ends, transmissions ,tune and modify carburetor systems, tunes and chips but im a mental cripple when it come s to computers and spreadsheets . My wife cracks up at me cause I have a hell of a time with linking things or that cut copy paste crap LOL! I can follow direction though . I need to read more and order an adapter. Also I have Dell premium tech support on speed dial ,I think they know me by my first name. LOL! Thanks again , Bret

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
remember those android boxes....you know the ones to get free TV
they were great until they got bumped offline and you had to download new links or whatever
they were great for those with computer skills and oodles of time on their hands.
constantly wanting to see the latest show for free, constantly needing to update to watch it.
People built small business empires on them for the technologically impaired.
you never needed to worry now, if your android box stopped putting out like your wife, you took it to Ishmal and his brother Samuel, who lived in a dark basement of their moms house and would re-program your droid box, give you a fancy new skin, take your $20 and you'd be all set to watch free TV for another 2.7 weeks.

Are there any Forscan programmers out there willing to start their own empire from dads garage? A pull up service? drive thru and go? maybe you could have a massage chair and i could get a body rub while you do your quick work??

Hey Gino, can you give me bambi mode? tappity tap tap, click click...boom all done Sir, that'll be $11.95 plus sales tax.

I'd do it... But you'd need to drive to Michigan to find me.

TechnicallyReal

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer / IT Admin

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
The only change I'm interested in with forscan is shutting off the fake engine noise....could someone near me take care of it for me or is the software locked in to one vin like my aftermarket tuner.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only change I'm interested in with forscan is shutting off the fake engine noise....could someone near me take care of it for me or is the software locked in to one vin like my aftermarket tuner.

It's not locked, I'm in Michigan (near Flint/Lapeer), so if you ever make your way up here, I'd be glad to make the change.

Here's to hoping you find someone closer who can take care of it for you.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It's not locked, I'm in Michigan (near Flint/Lapeer), so if you ever make your way up here, I'd be glad to make the change.

Here's to hoping you find someone closer who can take care of it for you.
Thanks for the offer....I get up there occasionally. One of my boys lives in Yasilanti, looks like you're around an hour from there.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the offer....I get up there occasionally. One of my boys lives in Yasilanti, looks like you're around an hour from there.
literally takes < 5 minutes to do. If you have an OBDII interface, I could probably do it remotely through Chrome Remote Assistance.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
literally takes < 5 minutes to do. If you have an OBDII interface, I could probably do it remotely through Chrome Remote Assistance.
I don't have a laptop so to do this myself I'd need a basic laptop, software an interface which adds up for a one time use.

TechnicallyReal

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer / IT Admin
I tried turning off the fake engine noise today. I guess it was a lot more subtle than I realized, at least on a Lariat. I opted to turn it back on again afterwards. I don't think the audio system is affected by it much, especially since the fake engine noise only seems to come through when accelerating anyway.

Here's a video on the process:
Sponsored