First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Our Amazon has your product which is pricier, they also have a different looking product that has good reviews. Something to get next year, thanks for the tip!

83F181E5-0476-45AD-A090-5C3A7C4231E5.jpeg

C1F59309-F353-4A99-8226-C112FCD66868.jpeg
These worked so good! For years I always fought with the darn hose getting stuck under the tires while going around my vehicles. It only took 56 years to smarten up. lol
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
How do you sneak up on a person when your feet keep making that sqeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuiiiiisssssshhhhhh sound??
I told you I have that special blend of Essential oils that dampen the sound. ?

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
I had my finger on the buy button a few times this weekend for a number of detailing products. one of the Products was the Last Coat, the Weekend Warrior bundle that was on sale. I guess they detected I had it in the cart, but did not go buy, so they sent me emails with 15% and 20% off and I almost pulled the trigger a few more times, but didn’t. ( Dave I also looked seriously at the 303 and Optimum Products)

The image came to my mind on how well water beads up on my truck currently and how shiny it is.

I have been using Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax, followed by a Meguiars detailer. It has been working well for me, I can buy it in a local store and it is not too expensive.

I spent hours the past few days looking at detailing videos, when really I already have something that works.

Assuming I stick with these products, is there anything else I should be doing to make it extra glossy, or extra protected, and if so, where in the detailing process should I use it?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I had my finger on the buy button a few times this weekend for a number of detailing products. one of the Products was the Last Coat, the Weekend Warrior bundle that was on sale. I guess they detected I had it in the cart, but did not go buy, so they sent me emails with 15% and 20% off and I almost pulled the trigger a few more times, but didn’t. ( Dave I also looked seriously at the 303 and Optimum Products)

The image came to my mind on how well water beads up on my truck currently and how shiny it is.

I have been using Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax, followed by a Meguiars detailer. It has been working well for me, I can buy it in a local store and it is not too expensive.

I spent hours the past few days looking at detailing videos, when really I already have something that works.

Assuming I stick with these products, is there anything else I should be doing to make it extra glossy, or extra protected, and if so, where in the detailing process should I use it?
Gary, I used Meguiar's (the old paste wax) for many years and really love their products. So I agree if it ain't broke, don't fix it! :like:

If you'd like to add a gloss enhancer I use the Optimum Instant detailer & Gloss Enhancer. You mix it 4-1 so a qt will make a gallon. Super easy to use just spray on and wipe off with a microfiber cloth. You can use it during the drying process or after you dry it and it gives a really nice shine for about 2 weeks. I generally use it after I dry and it only takes about 15 minutes to do the whole truck.

It's great for touch ups between washes too. If your trucks just a little dusty just run a California duster over it and hit it with some detailer and it's back to looking new.

Gloss Enhancer

https://www.amazon.com/Optimum-ID20...QF7FVKZTG2K&psc=1&refRID=EWP19P1MEQF7FVKZTG2K

I love these spray bottles. They give out a very fine mist so you're not spraying product everywhere, they're actually made for hairstyling. They're great for doing the mirrors and small areas like the A & B pillars but I use it for the whole truck.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07N7RLM7V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
old fashioned hand wash (two bucket method) dry with microfiber towels and mcguiers ultimate paste wax a few times a year and in between I spray wax with the mcguires spray wax keeps a good shine and water beads well. its a small truck so its pretty quick to wax. I do use the ryobi small (6 inch) 18v cordless buffer to remove wax its very manageable and fits smaller areas very well and follow up with hand wiping the whole truck with a thick microfiber towel to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Johnv1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I find the Meguiars Bead Booster leaves my truck glossy and super slick. The only other thing to really make the truck extra glossy is to polish it with a dual action polisher and get the swirls and scratches out so the clear coat is virtually perfect. Be warned though this becomes a never ending struggle as incorrect washing as well as daily driving can put those swirls back in much faster than they were to remove.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering

Mercfh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XL
Occupation
Senior QA Engineer
What do you all suggest for "keep in the car" cleaning items. I know Armor All wipes are apparently crap...but is there something comparable I guess? (This is less for me and more for my wife who just got a new car). I will probably stick with 303 stuff but I am more into cars than my wife (So really just looking for something for her to keep in the car to keep plastics/etc... clean-ish/free of dust.

(Assuming the "Armor All" rumors I hear are true, that it's basically not very good)

Thanks!

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
What do you all suggest for "keep in the car" cleaning items. I know Armor All wipes are apparently crap...but is there something comparable I guess? (This is less for me and more for my wife who just got a new car). I will probably stick with 303 stuff but I am more into cars than my wife (So really just looking for something for her to keep in the car to keep plastics/etc... clean-ish/free of dust.

(Assuming the "Armor All" rumors I hear are true, that it's basically not very good)

Thanks!
I've found 303 wipes in a tube at one of the chain autoparts stores.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
The only thing I keep in the car is glass cleaner and a cloth. I dont need to do any other cleaning except at home.

While waiting in the parking lot for my wife to shop I observed the rent a cop dry polishing his Red car while watching for bad guys. LOL

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I am also a OCD type when it comes to my vehicle. But generally I use Meguiars prodcuts only. I am the type that washed my wheel wells, under the hood. In the spring at least back home I would wash the undercarriage. Here its always...well summer.
Sponsored