Randy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I for one like to have clean and spot less wheel wells, how does any of these water less products compare to the old 2 buckets and brush method for wheel wells?
Sponsored

Clownphoenix

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I have Ceramic Pro on my Ranger and use Adam's Polishes Waterless Wash. Works great for removing bird poop, bugs, and dust / dirt after a rain storm.

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Might be a bit biased, but I use waterless car wash methods as my main method. I only use water if I have a lot of caked on mud since that's just too much for any waterless method. With the waterless methods you WILL use more product, you shouldn't be conservative with it, also fold your rag and/or change it once you notice it's getting pretty dirty. I typically go through about 5-8 rags depending on how dirty the truck gets and about 15-20oz of product. And when choosing waterless product I like to stay away from "wash and wax" from past experience and I'm pretty sure most would agree even the water method guys it never compares to a good ol' basic wax application

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I've gone through several products to find the best one. Most suck. First, my truck is black, (I hate black but love it too. Shows everything. Ugh).
And its always in the sun and I have no choice. It's hot as hell here and with the sun, timing is of the essence to get it cleaned and spotless.

So, finally, I got disgusted with the water spots. I put a filter on the foam blaster and that did squat and just made the water drinkable from the hose. They say to get the water right, you need a deionizer and that is not cheap.

So after all the experiments, I hired a Certified Ceramic Pro Detailer....
- First he washes the truck to remove anything on it and with believe it or not, Dawn Dish Soap. I asked why and he said it strips off everything including any built on wax or polish. Then dries it.
- After buffing out any swirl marks, he wipes it down with alcohol. Cleans all windows too.
- I went for the starter package and when he was done, it was perfect. Better then when the dealer had it. Starter package is good for up to 6 months. I wanted to try it first before I went for a more expensive package. Caveat is they want you too keep it garaged for as long as possible so the Ceramic can harden. He told me 24hrs but that was not an option. I kept it in for 6 hrs and the following day, the sun baked the rest.

So the outcome? Water literally slides off everything. Even windshield when raining. We have a lot of morning dew here and with any dust in the air, the dew when drying would leave little dust spots. However, with the ceramic, nothing. This truck stayed clean for just about a week. Amazing!

When I had bird poop on it, just washed it off very easily with the hose. For the upkeep, I wash it once a week with McGuires Wash and Wax... (golden yellow stuff). He said that was fine. Even with that, there are still water spots but they are not dug in like before. When I dry, I get most of the water off with a micro fiber towel then spray the truck with this:
Aero Cosmetics. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003TH3FXK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

After wasting so much money on crap that don't work, I was hesitant and bought the small bottle. This stuff does NOT disappoint. It has to be the best stuff I've used. It is easy to put on and wipe off. I don't do water-less washes because that invites problems, but I spray this right on the wet truck, sections at a time and just dry it. Eventually the towel gets too wet. Do not switch towels. As usual, ring it out and keep going because the stuff is already embedded in the towel, spray extra when needed. Very impressed. I will be buying the gallon size when this bottle runs down.
Between Ceramic Pro, McGuires and Aero Cosmetic, I've never been happier...

Links below:

Ceramic Pro: https://ceramicpro.com/

Aero Cosmetics: https://www.amazon.com/Waterless-Ou...4ACNPT218BN&psc=1&refRID=VZZ2Z6NGF4ACNPT218BN

McGuires: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RB2ZYMS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Great towel too by Chemical Guys: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TZBQ0S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Instead of wasting towels getting soaked fast, I use a squeegee on the hard cover. It won't hurt it. Dry with towels afterwards. By the way, this Aero stuff makes the hard cover look great too!

Silicone Squeegee: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00II5YADC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hope this helps...
:)

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Supercab XLT 302a 18" PVD Chrome pkg., 15 Focus SE, 65 Falcon Futura Hardtop, 56 Chevy 3100 Shortbed, 05 Pontiac Vibe (700,000 miles), 93 Nissan King Cab, 05 Sebring Limited convertible (Joyride), 17 American Landmaster 450E, wife has some kind of Cadillac
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
For Christmas my son gave me some Croftgate wash stuff. I usually do a complete wash on vehicles but since the Ranger was only slightly dirty from having driven in the rain, I gave it a try. Have to say I was impressed with the outcome. Now, that being said, it won't replace a good old fashioned wash when it's really dirty. But, I can see me using it when I want to 'spiff one up' and could easily use it in the garage on a bad weather day.

Bob Mac arthur

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger lariat shadow black FX4 501A. TRAILER TOW PACKAGE
Occupation
Retired
I was using Norton Liquid Ice and is cleans off the bugs, bird droppings and water marks really well and shines nice on my black Ranger but is recently I came across an amazing product called Aero Cosmetics Wash Wax All. It is amazing! A gallon costs $27.75 but I got the $37.95 amazon package deal with prime free shipping and I have never seen a more professionally packed package. Comes with 4 nice 16” by 16 “ micro fiber towels and a 16oz spray bottle. The shine and protection of this alcohol and ammonia free product is what the pros are selling for big money on YouTube commercials . Check is out, you will not be disappointed. I keep is in the silly compartments under the back seat.
I just purchased the exact same thing from Amazon have not used it yet also purchased extras micro fiber towels it is rated at the top of the list

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
Most of these products get diluted. FYI.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 screw xlt fx4
wolfgang concours wg-3700. different concentrations can make rinseless, waterless, clay lube, or detailing spray.

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD

gov cheese

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger xlt super cab
Anyone use the waterless products like those made by mothers, aero, and rainx? Thinking I might use it between washes or as something to use for bird droppings, or cat foot prints.
Between water washes have been using rain-x water-less wash. Three washes only used half a bottle.
https://www.rainx.com/product/washes/rain-x-waterless-car-wash-rain-repellent/

Then add Meguiars hybrid ceramic detailer
https://www.meguiars.com/sites/defa...6-HybridCeramicDetailer_web.png?itok=hAmfScpw

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Over 20K miles on my Ranger. It's never had a regular wash. Use DualPolymer waterless wash and other DualPolymer products only. Zero scratches, paint swirls or water spots. Love their products.

https://buydualpolymer.com/

Ranger-Clean.jpg

Reactions: Doc

MagnetiK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I go to the diy car wash. I hose it with the pressure soap, give it a nice spotless rinse and drive off. No spots, swirls or dirty cloths. 5 bucks for 10 minutes.

Last edited:

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
Tried a new no rinse wash product meguaris D115 Rinse free express wash n wax i diluted it 8:1 and it worked pretty well. for getting the truck clean. left the surface nice and slick as well. A gallon of concentrate was $67 off amazon but if you dilute it down you could make much more so the price per oz goes down. actually cheaper than aero cosmetics and worked little better too. I haven't washed the truck in about 3 months so it was fairly dirty.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
https://clearshine.store/
Just to add another flavor to the list of products that people are posting about; I use one called ClearShine. I became acquainted with it after Chadwick's (Chadwick's Triple Play - pretty big with the car show crowd) pulled their product back from their regional distributors and fired them all. I was happy with the Chadwick's products, except for one thing...

...you had to store it in the refrigerator or it would grow mold. And even while being store in the 'fridge, it still grew mold!

The guy I had been buying Chadwick's Triple Play from started a waterless wash business of his own, partnered with the at-the-time president of the Mustang Club of America. I've used ClearShine on my car now for a couple of years and I absolutely love the stuff. I use it occasionally on my Ranger as the water beading is beautiful. It also works great on exterior plastics and matte finishes; like my bard rolling tonneau cover.
_nc_ohc=iicR99n-9IcAX8FlF1C&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-2.jpg

_nc_ohc=lwIgGeA-HWoAX-IraHX&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-2.jpg

_nc_ohc=1Uq76BZnxJwAX9zIi6M&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-2.jpg

_nc_ohc=1A1Oogi4_7gAX9akR0H&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-2.jpg

_nc_ohc=CcDa4o0wQ2QAX8oIeQ3&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-2.jpg
Sponsored