Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Pigeons! Those nasty flying roaches are all over the place.
Hi Dave,

Here in Green Valley we have Doves and White Wing Doves from Mexico. Either is a plague... We are in a cycle. Harris Hawks move in and feast on the Doves. Then the population is down...Hawks move on to follow the food source...Doves procreate and we are again plagued until the hawks return along with the Great Horned Owls.... Sigh. Very tired of cleaning the out door kitchen of bird poop from the doves....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hi Dave,

Here in Green Valley we have Doves and White Wing Doves from Mexico. Either is a plague... We are in a cycle. Harris Hawks move in and feast on the Doves. Then the population is down...Hawks move on to follow the food source...Doves procreate and we are again plagued until the hawks return along with the Great Horned Owls.... Sigh. Very tired of cleaning the out door kitchen of bird poop from the doves....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Hi Phil,

We have Doves here too but they're not as bad as the pigeons. Of course I have a neighbor who has a bunch of bird feeders out back, her back wall looks like Sky Harbor airport all lined with birds waiting to land! Then they come over here and poop all over my outdoor kitchen too and try to nest on my patio ceiling fans. Solved that problem with a pellet gun. ?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Really looks great Dave :like:

Thanks Greg. The gloss enhancer really makes the color pop on the Saber. I just picked my girlfriend up from the airport and she said it looks like my truck was still wet from washing it. lol

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
Thanks Greg. The gloss enhancer really makes the color pop on the Saber. I just picked my girlfriend up from the airport and she said it looks like my truck was still wet from washing it. lol
That is incredibly shinny and I'm just seeing the pic :like:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That is incredibly shinny and I'm just seeing the pic :like:
You need sunglasses in person. :sunglasses:

It's really easy to apply, just 3-4 sprays per panel and wipe lightly. I think I did the whole truck in 10 minutes. You should try it on yours.

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
You need sunglasses in person. :sunglasses:

It's really easy to apply, just 3-4 sprays per panel and wipe lightly. I think I did the whole truck in 10 minutes. You should try it on yours.
I intend to thanks then I could look like this :sunglasses:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
I am not a detailer, I just like to keep my new vehicles cleaned and protected. I will be getting my pressure washer, mid week and this is my plan, let me know where I can do better.

- Rinse the truck off with the power washer, green 15° nozzle.

- Using the foam cannon, foam the entire exterior of the truck and let it sit for a couple of minutes. I am not at first going to use any kind of special foaming soap, I will use up my Meguiar‘s Gold Class car Wash soap.

- using the two bucket system with bottom grates and with Meguiar s Ultimate wash and Wax soap in the wash bucket.

- rinse using the pressure washer and the 40° tip.

- spray on Meguiar’s Hybrid Ceramic Wax (I have already applied the initial coat) and then rinse it off with the pressure washer and 40° tip.

- use the leaf blower to remove the initial water.

- spray on Meguiar’s Quick detailer and dry the car with the appropriate towels and use more of a polishing cloth to finish up on any spots I missed with the drying towel.

I am not necessarily an avid Meguiar’s guy, but I live in a rural area where choice is limited, although there is always Amazon. I have used Meguiar‘s products before and I have liked them.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I am not a detailer, I just like to keep my new vehicles cleaned and protected. I will be getting my pressure washer, mid week and this is my plan, let me know where I can do better.

- Rinse the truck off with the power washer, green 15° nozzle.

- Using the foam cannon, foam the entire exterior of the truck and let it sit for a couple of minutes. I am not at first going to use any kind of special foaming soap, I will use up my Meguiar‘s Gold Class car Wash soap.

- using the two bucket system with bottom grates and with Meguiar s Ultimate wash and Wax soap in the wash bucket.

- rinse using the pressure washer and the 40° tip.

- spray on Meguiar’s Hybrid Ceramic Wax (I have already applied the initial coat) and then rinse it off with the pressure washer and 40° tip.

- use the leaf blower to remove the initial water.

- spray on Meguiar’s Quick detailer and dry the car with the appropriate towels and use more of a polishing cloth to finish up on any spots I missed with the drying towel.

I am not necessarily an avid Meguiar’s guy, but I live in a rural area where choice is limited, although there is always Amazon. I have used Meguiar‘s products before and I have liked them.
I wouldn't use 15 degree tip, only the 40. The 40 will give you a wider spray pattern and will be less aggressive on the paint. The 15 would be good for the wheel wells or the underside but I wouldn't use it on the body.

As far as the soap it will make a big difference using a snow foam soap like this one here from Chemical Guys. You want it to be thick and stick to the surface and grab the dirt and pull it down. A regular car wash is ok but it won't foam and stick to the surface, it will basically just run off. The picture below is when I used my regular car wash soap and you can see how runny it is. I have my snow foam soap which I'm going to use this week but the first time I wanted to see how the regular car wash would work out.

IMG_2829.jpg

For a quick detailer/gloss enhancer I use Optimum instant detailer. You can use it either wet as a dryer or dry. I use it dry and it only takes about 10 minutes to do the whole truck. It last about 2 weeks but gives the truck a super slick feel and a nice gloss.

IMG_2831.jpg

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can get the chemical guys soap locally, the detailer, I would have to get on line. Amazon is tripling the price for the detailer. It is available on other places on line. I will get the soap and we will see in the future about your detailer.

Thanks for the advice on the pressure washer tip.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I can get the chemical guys soap locally, the detailer, I would have to get on line. Amazon is tripling the price for the detailer. It is available on other places on line. I will get the soap and we will see in the future about your detailer.

Thanks for the advice on the pressure washer tip.
I know that Optimums products are available at other places online but besides this one here and Amazon I'm not sure of the others. If you get the concentrate you mix it 1-3 so a qt will make 1 gal. I just mix up small spray bottle and you only need a bout 3-4 sprays per panel. I forgot you were in Ontario but I'm surprised that Amazon is that much more there.

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know that Optimums products are available at other places online but besides this one here and Amazon I'm not sure of the others. If you get the concentrate you mix it 1-3 so a qt will make 1 gal. I just mix up small spray bottle and you only need a bout 3-4 sprays per panel. I forgot you were in Ontario but I'm surprised that Amazon is that much more there.
We buy a lot from Amazon and usually their prices are competitive, but on some items they are much, much higher. I find that a lot, with fishing lures on Amazon. You need to know your prices.

Thanks for all of the advice.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
We buy a lot from Amazon and usually their prices are competitive, but on some items they are much, much higher. I find that a lot, with fishing lures on Amazon. You need to know your prices.

Thanks for all of the advice.
Sure thing Gary hopefully the other link might work out for you. There are many good speed detailing products out there but I really like Optimum. Some of their products cost a little more but you use very little product so it evens out.

One other tip when you get your pressure washer. Always trigger it away from your truck because the first blast is the strongest and you don't want all that pressure hitting your truck all at once. Also if the tip isn't seated perfect it can come shooting out and damage your truck or whatever else you're washing.
Sponsored