First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4, 501A, fully damped
Occupation
Engineer
At second one I kind of liked it, but then every second after I was thinking it was too stylized and weird looking. Still in love with my Lariat.

Friday yet?

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
I bet they didn’t fix the low steering wheel and car like seating.
0A56E6E2-9EE0-4338-B4E0-266D5D46E7CE.gif
To quote someone else here on the forum (apologies as I do not remember who) "seating position is like the first man in the bobsled."

Man I still love that line. True. I mean perfect description. Great bash of one of the trucks biggest faults. Quite the visual. And funny.

NOVA_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Looking into the same engine, currently used in the Lexus NX 350 and going into the next Forerunner, it looks decent. Toyota has plans to offer this engine with a hybrid setup in the Lexus, so probably the same for the Tacoma and Forerunner in the future.

Looking at the New Tacoma more, from a style standpoint, I'm not a fan. I'll stick with the Ranger's steel bumper since I use my truck off-road a lot. For somebody who doesn't use their truck like a truck, this is probably a nonissue.

Overall, it looks like an improvement over the 3rd generation Tacoma. I was never impressed with that truck and it never even made it onto my short list. I liked my 2014 / 2nd generation Tacoma though, even if it felt dated and low on usable power considering how thirsty it was.

I'm sure that the new Tacoma will be a great truck for somebody, just not me.

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
I would love to see the ages of the like and dislikes styling.
Too Darth Vader/Transformer's for my taste.
Sixty seven.

Dr_Strangelove

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design
I think it's a good looking "next generation" of the Tacoma - as in, it looks more like the "next Tacoma." Just looking at it it fees like an evolution of a product, a refinement, which I appreciate.

That said, just looking at it, I feel like Japanese design houses treat their clay models like

7kznep.jpg

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
Lots of things I like about it and some I don't. It, just like the Ranger and every other truck change their looks greatly depending on body and trim colour options. I've always liked Tacos and 4Runners, I'm sure I'll like this too, but need more views of different configurations.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
it doesn't matter what they look like- crying mascara and all- I won't buy another Japanese car

...and is it really competition?

What a silly question. It won't be a competition because Tacoma sales will probably smash Ranger sales.

ReigleCM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
NASA Geospatial Analyst
That is most likely a TRD Pro, I wonder if the base models will look the same? The base-level next-gen Ranger is effing horrible, only the Raptor looks good. Hopefully, Toyota won't make the same mistake with their base-level models.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
That is most likely a TRD Pro, I wonder if the base models will look the same? The base-level next-gen Ranger is effing horrible, only the Raptor looks good. Hopefully, Toyota won't make the same mistake with their base-level models.
To be fair, we won't know for SURE what the next gen NA Ranger will look like until Wednesday (5/10). I'm hoping we will be surprised they will make some changes...... Less than 48 hours away now.

Ibanezbass671

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Technician
The media will always leak a high spec version upper trim version (TRD Off Road)..... Let see how the regular average Joe/Flow SR model looks.......
Sponsored

Last edited: