First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion / 2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT
I did the "hack" to put the display into service mode. I change to the Raptor (or any other selection) and when I turn the truck on and off, it doesn't remember my change and reverts back to the Ford logo. Is there a required way to write the change or has Ford plugged that hack? 2020 XLT here.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Chicago_2

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Well that confused the F out of me. So I need to buy a $50 cable and get a free computer program and I can change things? What happened to the good old day of swapping heads and a cam?

12Bravo20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
retired
Welcome to the wonderful world of computers on wheels.

I see that you are in IT. Making changes on new vehicles is like working on computers/network devices. IF you don't save to changes to ROM, they disappear upon restart when the RAM is cleared. And with vehicles you have to use a cable or wireless OBDII device along with a computer to make the changes permanent.

The days of getting a vehicle running with just a coat hanger, pliers and duct tape are long gone.

OP
OP

Chicago_2

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
It's a bit overwhelming trying to take it in. I need to find a tutorial on YouTube. I uploaded a tune from 5Star which really made the truck peppy. All the other mods have been non-performance enhancing (ARE Z2 cap, some lighting in and out, an ADA Fruit sound board, amp and two 100 watt Whelen siren speakers and a WOLO train horn and compressor (that one's the most fun)). If you look at that ADA Fruit link, I used 11 different horn sounds with a rotary selector switch. The Borla S-type cat-back arrived last night so that is next. The truck is completely blacked out...paint, ARE cap, rims, bumpers, etc so I had to keep it going with the Borla dual black tips.

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
I had a different screen, Lincoln Presidential, on mine through ForScan and Ford Pass would not work.
Sponsored