Carvana is paying big $$

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
For squeaks and giggles, I looked into Carvana, I guess in CT, they don't want my 2019 Lariat, 13k mint. Offer of 29k

And they misspoke about saving on sales tax. In CT, they tax on sales price, not minus trade in.
Bless those who got great deals and decided to trade. Like I said, Squeaks and giggles... I wouldn't trade now for a fatter price.
Sponsored

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
For squeaks and giggles, I looked into Carvana, I guess in CT, they don't want my 2019 Lariat, 13k mint. Offer of 29k

And they misspoke about saving on sales tax. In CT, they tax on sales price, not minus trade in.
Bless those who got great deals and decided to trade. Like I said, Squeaks and giggles... I wouldn't trade now for a fatter price.
OK, took off the suspension mod and it went up to 33k, still not near enough to trade in. Couldn't replace it for that price.

Shomare

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT
Occupation
Union President
I checked, not that I want to sell but out of curiosity and they offered me 1000 under what I owe on mine. I've put a lot of money into mods and accessories that would leave me upside-down.

I know I know you do those things for yourself...

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Not taking a chance on trading my ripe apple & maybe getting a sour lemon. I will only get rid of my apple if it gets rotten. :like: Happy with my investment would not want to change a thing on it. Besides we have seen the new Bronco in the wild & my wife thinks they are cute. Might have a chance with her car if I play my cards wright.:like:
Mines been 100% flawless and like you I'd be afraid I'd get one that's a lemon.But if the price were right say $35K I'd really have to think hard about it. ?

What you're seeing is the Bronco Sport, the full size ones are just going into production now.

Bronco Sport

Bronco Sport.jpg

Full Size Bronco

IMG_0107.jpeg

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Mines been 100% flawless and like you I'd be afraid I'd get one that's a lemon.But if the price were right say $35K I'd really have to think hard about it. ?

What you're seeing is the Bronco Sport, the full size ones are just going into production now.

Bronco Sport

Bronco Sport.jpg

Full Size Bronco

IMG_0107.jpeg
Correct on the Bronco Sport, but she thinks they're cute that might get my foot in the door.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Correct on the Bronco Sport, but she thinks they're cute that might get my foot in the door.
From the reviews I read they're a really good "mini" suv. At King of the Hammers you could actually take them out and test drive them and they did really well in some of the rougher terrain. Maybe if she gets one you can convince her it need a big brother full size Bronco. ;)

GregsFX2Ranger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 302A 4x2 Rapid Red Black Appear Package
Occupation
Management
TODAY, it would NOT let you enter the options on your truck. It just based off like XLT 4x2 Crew.

Hell, there are alot of options that could have been added.

It said the offer was defaulting to the "most popular" options on that trim level. WTF!

Then, when it got to give a quote it says "WE'RE STUMPED". An agent will be contacting you to get all the options on your vehicle.

Guess they might have realized some of their quotes were kinda high?

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
TODAY, it would NOT let you enter the options on your truck. It just based off like XLT 4x2 Crew.

It said the offer was defaulting to the "most popular" options on that trim level. WTF!

Then, when it got to give a quote it says "WE'RE STUMPED". An agent will be contacting you to get all the options on your vehicle.

I updated mine today and it worked fine :like:

You may have just caught the server at a high load time.

My offer went up again, but still not where I'm ready to spring for it.

eds21

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 1968 Bronco, 2021 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Facilities Manager
I bought my wife a black Bronco Sport Badlands the week before I bought my Tremor. How could she object when she just got a new car? BTW, she loves it!

20210327_124258.jpg

20210409_072307.jpg

MoldyTaco

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
College Professor

Did you enter you LP or VIN #? The first time I checked I did not and it said the same thing as yours. After entering my LP # I was able to choose options.

GregsFX2Ranger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 302A 4x2 Rapid Red Black Appear Package
Occupation
Management
Did you enter you LP or VIN #? The first time I checked I did not and it said the same thing as yours. After entering my LP # I was able to choose options.
VIN # is more accurate than license plate I'd think.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I bought my wife a black Bronco Sport Badlands the week before I bought my Tremor. How could she object when she just got a new car? BTW, she loves it!

20210327_124258.jpg

20210409_072307.jpg
Very nice!

asimpson997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Carvana offer on my 19 Lariat was $34,741 with 19.8k miles, paid 39k out the door in December of 2019.

Zeus

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport XLT
Occupation
Commercial Driving Instructor
HA! I would owe Carvana $536 :lipssealed:.

My loan amount is more than what they offered at $28,454.

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
OK, took off the suspension mod and it went up to 33k, still not near enough to trade in. Couldn't replace it for that price.
That makes sense. Another reason I haven't given it a shot. I don't want to take off my suspension or wheels/tires. These places (all dealers really) usually want them as stock as possible.
Sponsored