First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4 Screw 501A ...
Occupation
EE
As seen in previous threads I'm ready to sell/trade my 2019 XLT 4x4 Crew Sport, magnetic metallic. 22k miles. NO dents, heated garage kept w/cover. Did a few small things, nothing crazy or expensive. Wanted $35k, VROOM had best offer hands down at 35,800 over the holidays. Was ready to let her go then the B.S. started..
They want an unnamed 3rd party carrier to pick it up and take to their main receiving facility in Texas, mind you without actually paying for it at the time of pick up..so I get to watch my immaculate truck drive down the block and out of sight hoping it gets to TX with no problems, damage etc. Once at their facility they have up to a week to inspect and modify their offer then pay me..crazy?!

An old lawyer I knew once told me that possession is 99% of ownership, so NO not comfortable with a transaction structured that way. The VROOM guy called me back b/c they were very interested in the truck. Well in a scenario where they are contractually entitled to re-negotiate the price [in their favor] and my only other option is to ship it back, yes another un-named 3rd party carrier at my cost, I asked what that would be and the guy did not know or want to say; I'm guessing $1k?...gets back to me and damaged? What if it gets stolen, poof! Tony Soprano's crew boost it and I'm calling my insurance carrier and trying to process a claim. Well I called my agent and he said 'if' something occurred the 1st thing they want is a police report where the incident occurred.

TOO many moving pieces & risk of loss that I'm expected to 'cover'...I sleep bad enough as it is.

Bottom line I passed, found a local dealer who offered $34k cash or trade.
Like the truck, just want to down size.
That's an odd business practice, which I've not heard of. Carvana does not do that. What did they offer you?
Sponsored

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
That's an odd business practice, which I've not heard of. Carvana does not do that. What did they offer you?
Carvana's offer? Dont recall the exact figure but it was $32k-ish not quite $33k...
I have a local Nissan stealership drooling over it at $34k this month.