First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
This line I question (6CYL NA engine better MPGs).

I bought a 2006 Ridgeline, and drove it for 11 model years. It never got more than 14.5 in town, and 20 on the highway. I do realize that the 2020 has a 9 speed transmission, and cylinder deactivation, which no doubt would improve the overall milage. But...

My 2019 Ranger, with a Ford Performance Package, get 19 in town, if you drive it respectfully. Highways mileage averages 25+ at 75 MPH. I'll be anxious to see what you get from your Ridgeline.
Sponsored

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless

I bought a 2006 Ridgeline, and drove it for 11 model years. It never got more than 14.5 in town, and 20 on the highway. I do realize that the 2020 has a 9 speed transmission, and cylinder deactivation, which no doubt would improve the overall milage. But...
Fuelly seems to back up his claim, Honda has made a lot of improvements in reducing friction losses throughout the drive train, plus isn't the Ridgeline mostly a FWD vehicle until AWD is engaged ? A friend has an MDX and it exceeds the epa highway rating .

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
How do you compare the Ridgeline's music system with the Ranger's B&0? For hanging on or around the tailgate? Or inside the cabin on a long drive?
To my ears they are both great...however the Ranger played audio in surround as an option. Realize everyone's hears differently. I can't stand the Boom of low frequency music. I found both systems flat. I increased the bass and treble to 75%, All in all I think the Ranger had slightly better definition. But the very quiet cab of the RL helps

The bed audio is good for the outdoors, I don't know how Honda engineered the bed audio but they did a good job, I expected a lot worse. Just tap the screen and bed audio plays.

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

My 2019 Ranger, with a Ford Performance Package, get 19 in town, if you drive it respectfully. Highways mileage averages 25+ at 75 MPH. I'll be anxious to see what you get from your Ridgeline.
Me too. Im still on my dealer tank. LOL I will do a hand calc and compare it to the indicated MPG. I'll be making a 200 mile trip in the next few weeks. I will have a better idea.

l0rdv8r

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.reddit.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
CTO @ NASA
Just curious what’s your location/Carvana’s selling location? I bought my 2019 Ranger with the same options as yours minus the step rails - with 7,999 miles at time of purchase for $28,500 in southern Mississippi. Have the prices skyrocketed on our trucks or did I just get a really good deal? $37k seems like a lot to me which is why I’m asking.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Just curious what’s your location/Carvana’s selling location? I bought my 2019 Ranger with the same options as yours minus the step rails - with 7,999 miles at time of purchase for $28,500 in southern Mississippi. Have the prices skyrocketed on our trucks or did I just get a really good deal? $37k seems like a lot to me which is why I’m asking.
Tom is in South Carolina (Myrtle Beach) and it looks like the prices are by area. When I did mine it only came in at $26,800 and I only have 8,000 miles on mine.

l0rdv8r

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.reddit.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
CTO @ NASA
Tom is in South Carolina (Myrtle Beach) and it looks like the prices are by area. When I did mine it only came in at $26,800 and I only have 8,000 miles on mine.
Makes sense - I was actually looking a duramax canyon when I stumbled onto the ranger so I wasn’t sure what normal pricing looked like.

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Carvana picked up my truck in Myrtle Beach at DriveTime which I believe they own as well
They're selling location is online. 37k for my truck in a two-wheel drive is excellent money. I just paid it off, sold it, and leased the Ridgeline. I lease because I'm not sure how reliability is going to come into play. We are on our 3rd CR V touring lease. I might buy it out at leas end

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
They are building a Carvana location near me. People aren't happy they bought an apple orchard that's been there forever an are making it a dealership but are happy about the 400 jobs they say are coming with it. I wonder if they're paying more than most places would just to get inventory to feed a growing business...from what I hear new car production is still lagging an used cars are hot.

I'd like to hear from someone that bought a car through them...wonder if they try to make money off delivery fees warranties an stuff like that. They may offer financing an make some there too.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Just under $23K for mine here in AZ. Definitely varies by region.

Stan McKinney

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger,
They are building a Carvana location near me. People aren't happy they bought an apple orchard that's been there forever an are making it a dealership but are happy about the 400 jobs they say are coming with it. I wonder if they're paying more than most places would just to get inventory to feed a growing business...from what I hear new car production is still lagging an used cars are hot.

I'd like to hear from someone that bought a car through them...wonder if they try to make money off delivery fees warranties an stuff like that. They may offer financing an make some there too.
Why would they have 400 jobs?

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Why would they have 400 jobs?
I don't know...they give the number to qualify for tax breaks in return for bringing the jobs. They may have a traditional walk on lot, I don't know. I assume they'll have people process the deals, arrange financing, clean an deal cars for display an delivery, maybe a repair center for repairs. Some of the jobs may be temp to build the dealership. They have one of their "car vending machines" about 25 miles from here.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
As seen in previous threads I'm ready to sell/trade my 2019 XLT 4x4 Crew Sport, magnetic metallic. 22k miles. NO dents, heated garage kept w/cover. Did a few small things, nothing crazy or expensive. Wanted $35k, VROOM had best offer hands down at 35,800 over the holidays. Was ready to let her go then the B.S. started..
They want an unnamed 3rd party carrier to pick it up and take to their main receiving facility in Texas, mind you without actually paying for it at the time of pick up..so I get to watch my immaculate truck drive down the block and out of sight hoping it gets to TX with no problems, damage etc. Once at their facility they have up to a week to inspect and modify their offer then pay me..crazy?!

An old lawyer I knew once told me that possession is 99% of ownership, so NO not comfortable with a transaction structured that way. The VROOM guy called me back b/c they were very interested in the truck. Well in a scenario where they are contractually entitled to re-negotiate the price [in their favor] and my only other option is to ship it back, yes another un-named 3rd party carrier at my cost, I asked what that would be and the guy did not know or want to say; I'm guessing $1k?...gets back to me and damaged? What if it gets stolen, poof! Tony Soprano's crew boost it and I'm calling my insurance carrier and trying to process a claim. Well I called my agent and he said 'if' something occurred the 1st thing they want is a police report where the incident occurred.

TOO many moving pieces & risk of loss that I'm expected to 'cover'...I sleep bad enough as it is.

Bottom line I passed, found a local dealer who offered $34k cash or trade.
Like the truck, just want to down size.
Sponsored