Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Put the 5100's on all four corners. Fronts at the top perch and added BDS 1" rear shackles on the rear. Looks great and rides even better. Slapped some 255/75R17's (32x10) on and went off-roading. I was amazed at what this truck can do!
pics please!
Sponsored

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Put the 5100's on all four corners. Fronts at the top perch and added BDS 1" rear shackles on the rear. Looks great and rides even better. Slapped some 255/75R17's (32x10) on and went off-roading. I was amazed at what this truck can do!
what do the different shackles do for you?

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, didn't realize I got off topic. The bilsteins ride great. The bounce and sway are gone. It is firmer feeling more controlled but not at all harsh. The stance is much improved and the truck feels more capable now both on and off road. Great upgrade for the truck!
how is the body sway/roll in a tight corner now (exit ramps or an evasive maneuver?)

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
just curious, how hard is it to adjust the bilsteins after install? if a guy said it was too high or too low, can you adjust them while its in the parking lot or is there disassembly required?
Pretty sure you need to remove and disassemble coil-over with spring compressor. Not a quick job.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
I dont want to make a thread for this, so I hope that Im not intruding asking here, sense you guys are talking about it. (Keep in mind I have an Everest)
Ive built many Track cars, but 4wd stuff Im very new to. Ive researched and watched videos and from my understanding. They say anything over 2" lift ( like a 3" lift) requires a diff drop. I noticed alot of guys on this forum have had a 3" lift, but it may just be spacers. The spacers are not good for offroad scenarios.
Originally I wanted to get a Bilstein 3" kit, but now Im worried. I dont want to go so far I need to mod the suspension alot. I actually like how the Everest feels. Its just to low, Im also changing rims and tires. Getting rid of the baller 20" rims :rolleyes: and going with 17" with 33" after I do more research. YOu can see in the photo what I mean.

IMG_3128.jpg

IMG_3822.JPG

IMG_3296.PNG

IMG_3821.jpg

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient

BowWow

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Great analogy. I do now have a question. If a guy would install 4 bilstein 5100's, setting the fronts at the lowest point or thereabout and at the same time installing level kit (the nonshock/strut type kit) would that leave your front coil spring with the softer portion intact, and still give a nice ride both on and off-road? Yes, it would be double-dipping with 2 different types of lift /levelling ability but you still need shocks. To be honest, those types of kits are not super expensive compared to shocks and the labor cost would be minimal at that point because you already have it torn apart.

Now that I've stirred the pot ill await a reply.
I did that very thing on my 2017 Titan. Kept the nice ride and gave me a 2" lift (to almost level) in the front. Billy's on the lowest setting and a 2" spacer on top of the strut. The purists howled! Lol!!!

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
stage 3 had a holiday sale on the Eibach struts an they were around $200 reg around $230. I paid a little extra for the Bilstein's , about $250. I'm after the leveled look an best highway ride.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I did that very thing on my 2017 Titan. Kept the nice ride and gave me a 2" lift (to almost level) in the front. Billy's on the lowest setting and a 2" spacer on top of the strut. The purists howled! Lol!!!
That's our game plan although due to clearance in my garage we are only putting the 1 inch aluminum spacer on top, bilstein at 1 inch then putting it together, I will bring it home and measure the antenna clearance and if there's still room we will put the bottom one in, it's a lot easier.

On a side note I am working on an antenna fix this weekend!

jzinckgra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I want to get these shocks for my 4x4 lariat, non fx4. I tow occasionally. Will these act to level the truck and will I have problems when towing? Oddly my lariat seems level already with very little to almost no rear end lift. I figured if i got the 5100s, I'd install them at 0" or possibly 1.2" max, or whatever the next highest preset is

jzinckgra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I want to get these shocks for my 4x4 lariat, non fx4. I tow occasionally. Will these act to level the truck and will I have problems when towing? Oddly my lariat seems level already with very little to almost no rear end lift. I figured if i got the 5100s, I'd install them at 0" or possibly 1.2" max, or whatever the next highest preset is
Anyone?

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
how much weight are you putting on the hitch? if you measure the fender opening height front an rear stock runs about 3" more height in the rear. Measure it, then hook up what you tow an measure the rear again...pick your height based on that. When I install mine I'm going 1.8" increase to keep some preload off the springs for ride quality an reduce the angle on the front half shafts.

If your truck drops an inch the 1.8 lift would be perfect IMO.
Sponsored