Bilstein 5100 Adjustable Leveling Shock Kit

jzinckgra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
how much weight are you putting on the hitch? if you measure the fender opening height front an rear stock runs about 3" more height in the rear. Measure it, then hook up what you tow an measure the rear again...pick your height based on that. When I install mine I'm going 1.8" increase to keep some preload off the springs for ride quality an reduce the angle on the front half shafts.

If your truck drops an inch the 1.8 lift would be perfect IMO.
Measure the height from top of tire to top of wheel well? I only tow to things: snowmobile 2-place trailer (~2600lbs) and boat (~6000lbs). I don't have boat now since it's in storage, but obviously being heavier, that will squat the back end down more than snowmobile trailer. I trailer a lot more with snowmobile trailer in winter then boat. The boat will only get towed 2-3 times a season. I'd really like to level the truck, but not if it's going to cause problems
Sponsored

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
measure from the ground to the lip of the fender in the middle of the fender opening

jzinckgra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
measure from the ground to the lip of the fender in the middle of the fender opening
I got 0.75" compression when I hooked up my trailer. Would the 1.8" lift still be ideal? Also, does this mean my truck will be 1.8" higher all-around compared to stock when not towing?

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I got 0.75" compression when I hooked up my trailer. Would the 1.8" lift still be ideal? Also, does this mean my truck will be 1.8" higher all-around compared to stock when not towing?
sounds like a perfect fit to me

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
that's what the directions say...it might take a little bit for it to settle

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
Anyone put the eibach coils on the bilstein 5100's??

I have the 5100's all around and it helped the body roll tremendously.

Curious if anyone has done this because I believe the eibach coils are longer than stock.

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone put the eibach coils on the bilstein 5100's??

I have the 5100's all around and it helped the body roll tremendously.

Curious if anyone has done this because I believe the eibach coils are longer than stock.
I see that the Fox 2.5" coilovers and Icon 2.5" extended coilovers both use eibach springs.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You should read the eibach directions...there my be a special setting for the eibach coils. If the lowest setting on the Bilstein's an Eibach's are both for "factory height" I would imagine it would work.

just looked at the directions an Eibach says the lowest setting is stock height. but I didn't see what setting to use with the Eibach spring

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You should read the eibach directions...there my be a special setting for the eibach coils. If the lowest setting on the Bilstein's an Eibach's are both for "factory height" I would imagine it would work.

just looked at the directions an Eibach says the lowest setting is stock height. but I didn't see what setting to use with the Eibach spring
It says the same. That the lowest setting on the eibach shock provides 0" of lift and that the coil itself provides 3" of lift on the lowest setting on the eibach shock. I believe both the Bilstein and Eibach shocks have the same Outer Diameter on the shock body.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I had the fronts installed Saturday, set at the 1.8" lift setting an it rides much better. I considered the eibach strut an spring but I decided a more compliant street ride is far more important to me than max off road ability.

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sorry I read this wrong.

Eibach shock with stock coil:
Lowest setting= stock height

Bilstein shock with stock coil:
Lowest setting= stock height

Eibach shock with eibach coil:
Lowest setting= 3" lift in front

So since they are both at stock height with the stock coil it sparked a the thought that the eibach coil could go on the Bilstein shock. Just wanted to see if someone has done it.

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3, M3
Occupation
EHS
I had the fronts installed Saturday, set at the 1.8" lift setting an it rides much better. I considered the eibach strut an spring but I decided a more compliant street ride is far more important to me than max off road ability.
Have any pics on level ground? I'm almost certain to go with the ~1.8" setting.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I wish there was a 2" option but this is close enough.

leveled.jpg
Sponsored