John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Also how often should I rotate them?
I had TKO's on my Tacoma, if I didn't rotate them every 4,000 miles... they started talking to me (they would start developing noticeable wear patterns).

Initially I thought perhaps it was an alignment issue. I had that checked, and the trucks was within specifications.

So from then on... I stuck with 4,000 miles.

As a side note... I hated the TKO's. They are pebble throwing sons-a-bitches.
Sponsored

NWRanger

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Buyer
Vehicle Showcase
I had KO2s on my Cherokee (the vehicle I had before the Ranger). I saw some comments on them not doing well in the snow, I live in North Idaho and never had an issue, I do some moderate off roading/trail driving (sometimes in a couple inches of snow).
I found that over time they were creating more and more road noise.
Found out this was because I wasn't rotating often enough. I was rotating them on an average tires interval and a service advisor told me they were uneven and i needed to rotate more.

Long story short, they are a great tire.Just ROTATE OFTEN.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I had KO2s on my Cherokee (the vehicle I had before the Ranger). I saw some comments on them not doing well in the snow, I live in North Idaho and never had an issue, I do some moderate off roading/trail driving (sometimes in a couple inches of snow).
I found that over time they were creating more and more road noise.
Found out this was because I wasn't rotating often enough. I was rotating them on an average tires interval and a service advisor told me they were uneven and i needed to rotate more.

Long story short, they are a great tire.Just ROTATE OFTEN.
So how often did you rotate them after you were told to do it more often?

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
I had 35” ko2 on my wrangler. I rotated about every 7-8000 miles. Sooner if off-roading lost a wheel weigh or vibrations developed (happen once)
Drove 12k miles a year. Had 30k miles on them and never got chunking of the thread blocks. Went off road fairly often. Tires still looked good when I traded the wrangler in. Would not hesitate to get them again. They were good at staying balanced even with those heavy meats.
FCBC8D99-6F8C-4516-B148-D394D07E827D.jpeg

At 30k they were starting to look well used and chunking was about to start. But the razor sharp rocks in this desert will accelerate ware and cuts.

DrizzyDrake

First Name
Drake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Legacy GTB, RX7 FD, soon buying a ranger
Occupation
Technician at Subaru
I should probably do a chalk test. I have M/T tires so I have to run a higher pressure for on road (38-40psi) and I run 15psi offroad. Don't go by the door sticker.

NWRanger

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Buyer
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
Definitely tried not going over 4,000. Usually 3,000 if I was good about staying on top of it.
That's what I'm going to do per your exp., Every 3000 miles.? Now how did you rotate them? Crisscross the fronts to the back and just move the rears to the front?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
You should have a spare to match those larger tires. I would make sure you add that into the rotation too.

SaberRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
A bit off topic but I figured I would comment about my BFG’s.

I bought my truck used with only 5,000 miles on it, the previous owner put BFG ko2 tires on it.

I absolutely love the look of them on the truck but I hate the performance of the tires, they are absolutely horrible and a bit scary in wet condition.

They slide very easily around corners and spin badly when you increase the gas pedal just slightly.

I keep my tires around 38 psi.

I will definitely will be going with a different and much lighter tire when the BFG’S are worn out.

Last edited:

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
I have heard they're not so great in the snow though. I'm in Vegas, no snow. But they work excellent in the gravel, rocky, and dessert trails.
KO2's are Severe Winter rated, so they will be fine in snow.
My truck has 255/65-17 and the door sticker says 30 psi all around. I run 35 in the front for better tire wear and handling. If you are running a larger tire and/or higher load range than stock you can get by with less air pressure than stock. Keep an eye on the treadwear and run whatever pressure makes them wear evenly.

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
KO2's are Severe Winter rated, so they will be fine in snow.
My truck has 255/65-17 and the door sticker says 30 psi all around. I run 35 in the front for better tire wear and handling. If you are running a larger tire and/or higher load range than stock you can get by with less air pressure than stock. Keep an eye on the treadwear and run whatever pressure makes them wear evenly.
https://tiresize.com/pressure-calculator/

Galion

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Civil Engineer
These are Ranger Raptor OE tires. Ford recommends 35psi.
A Raptor outweighs a 4x4 2019+ Extended cab Ranger by 600lb
You’ll be more than fine with 34 psi

EC35B57F-A4E4-4D48-91F3-7A378D294065.jpeg

OP
OP

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
A bit off topic but I figured I would comment about my BFG’s.

I bought my truck used with only 5,000 miles on it, the previous owner put BFG ko2 tires on it.

I absolutely love the look of them on the truck but I hate the performance of the tires, they are absolutely horrible and a bit scary in wet condition.

They slide very easily around corners and spin badly when you increase the gas pedal just slightly.

I keep my tires around 38 psi.

I will definitely will be going with a different and much lighter tire when the BFG’S are worn out.
Drop the air pressure. I dropped mine to 34 psi, made a world of difference. Idk about in the wet, as I live in the dessert, but it couldn't hurt to try. The ride is so much smoother, and I would bet the traction would obviously be better with less air.
Sponsored