First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
I was running my KO2's at 38psi. It was a hard ride. After talking to another "Roaming Ranger" buddy I reduce it to 34psi and the ride is so much better.
Does anyone think this might be a problem? They're the 285/70/17 "C" rated tires.
I mean, visually they look fine so I was hoping it'd be okay. The ride is so much smoother on the freeways and surface streets.
Also how often should I rotate them?

IMG_20210424_073655493.jpg
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
It's best to follow the specs listed in the inside of the drivers door jamb sticker. Mines says 30psi but I do like the ride better at 32psi. with 265/70/17

OP
OP

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
It's best to follow the specs listed in the inside of the drivers door jamb sticker. Mines says 30psi but I do like the ride better at 32psi. with 265/70/17
Well the specs are for the stock tires, so that's not gonna reflect these new bigger tires. The tire shop set them at 38psi. I decided to try 34psi like my friend was doing, and the ride is so much better.

OP
OP

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
I can't really tell visually which one of those pics would be the right one. But I get what you're saying, that's why I posted it to see what other KO2 customers are running.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Well the specs are for the stock tires, so that's not gonna reflect these new bigger tires. The tire shop set them at 38psi. I decided to try 34psi like my friend was doing, and the ride is so much better.
Safest way to tell then is do the chalk test.

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
What are your impressions of the K02's ? road noise and ride ? I love the look of them but I will be honest, my off roading really consists of the loose gravel in the Whole Foods parking lot that fell off someone else's truck... :wink: I think the Hankooks look a little under sized for the truck even if I primarily drive on the road. Of course we do get some snow here in Middle Tenn. (and I do drive down forest roads to go hiking)

I would hate to go with the K02's if my asphalt driving is just going to wear them out in 10,000 miles.

Samsquanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
What are your impressions of the K02's ? road noise and ride ? I love the look of them but I will be honest, my off roading really consists of the loose gravel in the Whole Foods parking lot that fell off someone else's truck... :wink: I think the Hankooks look a little under sized for the truck even if I primarily drive on the road. Of course we do get some snow here in Middle Tenn. (and I do drive down forest roads to go hiking)

I would hate to go with the K02's if my asphalt driving is just going to wear them out in 10,000 miles.
they are a 50k mile tire easily in my experience. I’ve been running BFGs for years. The KO2 is just their current tread pattern and compound. Plenty of reviews online but I’ve always been happy with them.

OP
OP

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver

They're great. No hum. And now that I dropped them to 34psi +hot they go up to 36psi) the ride is so much better.

OP
OP

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
they are a 50k mile tire easily in my experience. I’ve been running BFGs for years. The KO2 is just their current tread pattern and compound. Plenty of reviews online but I’ve always been happy with them.
When to rotate? That is the question.

OP
OP

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
They're great. No hum. And now that I dropped them to 34psi +hot they go up to 36psi) the ride is so much better.
I have heard they're not so great in the snow though. I'm in Vegas, no snow. But they work excellent in the gravel, rocky, and dessert trails.

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
With load range C tires you will do fine with 34 psi, might even go down more. You should not need to increase the air pressure unless you are loaded heavily.

OP
OP

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
With load range C tires you will do fine with 34 psi, might even go down more. You should not need to increase the air pressure unless you are loaded heavily.
Cool thank you. Makes a big difference from 38 to 34

12Bravo20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
retired
I have heard they're not so great in the snow though. I'm in Vegas, no snow. But they work excellent in the gravel, rocky, and dessert trails.
While I am still running the stock Hankook tires on my Ranger, I did run the BFG KO2's on my 2002 Jeep Liberty and the tires did just fine in snow and mud.

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
While I am still running the stock Hankook tires on my Ranger, I did run the BFG KO2's on my 2002 Jeep Liberty and the tires did just fine in snow and mud.

Good to know. I am going to run the stock hankooks a while , but I will be looking for a more aggressive tire in the future. never know when I might encounter a particularly high speed bump I need to climb over !!
Sponsored