BFG KO2 LT275/70R17 - Tire Pressure Info

Fletch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger
Hi Folks,

Side wall is the max pressure for a particular tire. All Manufacturers of tires have load vs vehicle weight charts. Follow the recommend pressure for your vehicle weight for both curb and laden weights but do not exceed the tire sidewall. Your tire installer should have these charts but if not, go to the manufacturer's web site and download this chart. This trial and error pressure set may result in poor tire wear.

When running prototypes on Durability, when laden, we inflate to the tire Mfg recommendations and when unladen, we deflate to the recommended pressures. We also test vehicle dynamics at the recommended pressures. When you mod your Ranger Tires, you are out of Ford's arena, but your tire manufacturer should be able to give you the pressures for your vehicle. That said. Get your vehicle weighed so you know its weight. I see so many trucks with diamond plate cross bed tool boxes loaded and tires woefully underinflated for the load of lead in the tool box. Knowledge and data and the information contained in this date are the key to success.

I retreat from my soap box to my flame proof bunker...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
I appreciate your presence here.
Sponsored

Kidcon

First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
for you guys running 275/70/17 on stock wheels, are any of you stock height or did you have to lift? When I ordered and measured it seemed like i'd be fine. Now im convinced I need to remove crash beams and the lower brows which is no problem but I dont want to lift. Thanks for any input guys

OP
OP
BButah

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4 (Saber)
for you guys running 275/70/17 on stock wheels, are any of you stock height or did you have to lift? When I ordered and measured it seemed like i'd be fine. Now im convinced I need to remove crash beams and the lower brows which is no problem but I dont want to lift. Thanks for any input guys
I have the ReadyLift 3” Level on mine ??