First Name
SOLD IT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
Here's a post I did when I got mine:

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/bed-lighting.1849/page-2#post-106049

The blue cast was caused by my old cell phone. They are white.

Super easy and inexpensive. I've had them in there since Feb 2020 and I've only had to replace the batteries once since then, the motion sensor still works, and they still light up the bed!

One set is enough light, but I'm actually thinking about adding another set to the other side just to get even more light.

Hank the Tank

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Housing Case Manager, Full-time student
Vehicle Showcase
My set up is not glamorous, but is highly functional. I don't have a picture of it in use at night, but it does absolutely illuminate the entire bed area. It's an inexpensive magnetic base light from Walmart (white light on the left, stuck to the bed). It was $11. I can also hang it from my tent, or stick on the outside/underside of the truck to provide light while I work. 10/10 one of the best/easiest upgrades I've made.

IMG_20210226_154839739_HDR.jpg

renewedcaper

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat
this is what I think I’ll do. Any interference with tonneau clamps though? Thinking it might not work…
The clamps don’t get in the way at all. There are a few ridges in the sheet metal to workaround, but that’s the worst of it.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I have the bed light kit from Ford. It is powered straight from the battery on the truck and has its own little built-in computer. All four lights are LED and you simply touch and hold for a few seconds to turn on and turn off the lights. If by chance you forget to turn off the lights they will turn off by themselves in about 10 to 15 minutes. To say the least it is the most handy thing I habe bought for the truck.

0126212146.jpg

0126212145.jpg

sklnbnz

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Sport
Anyone looking at this thinking that they can't use this because they have a factory or other drop in bed liner... Took me 20 mins to install (because I had to cut a hole in the bed liner. Drilled a small hole at the correct location, used my Dremel Tool to cut out the rectangular hole and installed flawlessly!
IMG_1551.jpeg

Lee Richardson

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Let's see all ur bed light mods....and link to where you got them...how much? I'm looking for something with a switch? How is it powered? I want something easy ....thanks gents
I you are referring to a ton not covered area I can tell you that I have four LED motion and light sensitive lights with each having eight LEDs. They are rechargeable and magnetic mounted. I purchased them for a few bucks on the WISH.COM SITE. Also available on Amazon.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
I recall responding to another thread on this subject. All of my dealer installed accessories came from Ford, with two exceptions. My bed lamps (4) are a Ford kit - touch any lamp to operate. Wheel Well lamps (4) - switch is at the left knee below the headlamp switch (Ford Kit). And, of course, the obligatory tailgate damper. (Ford Kit) :)

IMG_0815.jpeg

IMG_0817.jpeg

IMG_0820.jpeg

IMG_0822.jpeg

Grooge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
*prepares to take notes*
Bed lights are the one thing I still haven't made up my mind on. I have some ideas but I don't really like the ones in the ford catalog that you have to tap on to activate.

What I'd ideally like are LEDs hidden under the bed rails, that are triggered by a magnetic switch whenever the tailgate is open. Kinda like in this ChrisFix video, although I think the lights across the rear bulkhead look kinda bad.
I'd also like to tie them into one of the upfitter switches rather than installing a switch in the rear of the truck.
I used the above but used a Wolfhaus connecter/split harness. It turns off when the tailgate closes.

20220324_200713.jpg

20220324_200421.jpg

20220324_200643.jpg

WarpedAlien

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor in Velocity Blue
Occupation
Engineer
Can I wire the LED strip from the bed to the hood and use one of the dash switches in my tremor?
Sponsored