Beating other trucks from the line

Tiny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Lariat, color Saber, all the bells and whistles
Occupation
Retired
I am going to get 2 of them tailgate thingys to balance the load of that heavy aluminum tailgate:muscle::handsinair:
Sponsored

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
today....after cleaning my air filter the other day, switching my oil to Mobil 1 synthetic, adding a tailgate damper and running pledge wood polish through my intake and turbo (it helps the air flow smoother all you race fans), i took on a Subaru with a large wing, a super loud exhaust and some fancy wheels. it was pretty dope to be honest.
Not sure what model, but it sounded fast....I dont think it was a WRX, but it had that look.
turns out me, with a lawn tractor in the back, complete with ramps and two jerry cans of gas and a couple axle stands stayed ahead of him up until i had to let off the gas for slower traffic.
he then went past me and held his head low and didnt look over.

I'll tell you, that tailgate damper made all the difference. The pledge though....it was lemon scented, and it also helps with that funky AC smell....
I am undefeated since installing the tailgate dampener. 1 win, zero losses. I don’t like to race on the street but sometimes a guys gotta do what a guys gotta do.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I am undefeated since installing the tailgate dampener. 1 win, zero losses. I don’t like to race on the street but sometimes a guys gotta do what a guys gotta do.
No one wants to race me since I put the DeeZee sticker on my window. They know the damper instantly adds 80 hp. ?

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Without tailgate damper...

Young-woman-pulling-disgusted-face.jpg

Versus WITH tailgate damper

Adoring.jpg

njdriver19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariet
Route 78 East , newer civic si intentionally driving slow in the left lane with the right lane blocked by semi. As we slowly pass the semi I shift into s mode and downshift to bring rpm up to 3700 rpm. As I change to the right lane the civic si speeds up. Imagine the look of horror and anguish as I pass and signal into the right lane. The millennial in the passenger seat just looked confused..

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Route 78 East , newer civic si intentionally driving slow in the left lane with the right lane blocked by semi. As we slowly pass the semi I shift into s mode and downshift to bring rpm up to 3700 rpm. As I change to the right lane the civic si speeds up. Imagine the look of horror and anguish as I pass and signal into the right lane. The millennial in the passenger seat just looked confused..
A millennial looking confused? Whoda thunk? :crazy:

njdriver19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariet
All these kids think a civic is fast
Civic si, they think they have a Ferrari.
2019 civic si 205hp 205 torque,
Guess my 360 Pound ft torque bamboozled them..
New accord drivers are under the impression that they are fast, that’s the word on the street lol..
happy hunting

Last edited:

njdriver19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariet
I had a Silverado diesel riding my ass yesterday. We were in a 45 MPH zone, that opens up to 55, which then heads into open land. When we hit the 55, I punched it. I could see he stepped on the gas too because there was a cloud of black smoke coming from his tailpipe. He just kept falling further behind as I approached 90 MPH. Take that you SOB!
Balls, I won’t mess with diesels, what’s the word on this? My friend has a 2500 diesel , it was rather snappy.. he was a former rally driver that knew what to do behind the wheel..

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Civic si, they think they have a Ferrari.
2019 civic si 205hp 205 torque,
Guess my 360 Pound ft torque bamboozled them..
New accord drivers are under the impression that they are fast, that’s the word on the street lol..
happy hunting
I hate how all these people think they are in race cars, weaving in traffic, tailgating, driving too fast. It's a recipe for accidents and/or death.

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
I did enjoy passing all the leaf-peepers yesterday coming back from the Caribou-Speckled mountain Wilderness along ME/NH113. Not really the road to do 80 on, but it is too damn easy in this truck. Punch it and it goes.

PXL_20201010_143115850.jpg

Kind of hazy, but you can see the Presidential Range off in the distance. My GF and I were picking out all the peaks we've hiked in the photo. Pretty much all of them you can see from here.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I did enjoy passing all the leaf-peepers yesterday coming back from the Caribou-Speckled mountain Wilderness along ME/NH113. Not really the road to do 80 on, but it is too damn easy in this truck. Punch it and it goes.

PXL_20201010_143115850.jpg

Kind of hazy, but you can see the Presidential Range off in the distance. My GF and I were picking out all the peaks we've hiked in the photo. Pretty much all of them you can see from here.
I was up there this weekend, over near Sunday River. Too many stupid drivers out there.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
You (tailgate dampener) people are too much. :p
No one wants to race me since I put the DeeZee sticker on my window. They know the damper instantly adds 80 hp. ?
uh huh, that's be Dave for sure.

And, what the hell??? There's no inflation going on here is there? Last I heard damper's only got you 10% increase as long as you were running a tune and octane with 500hp??!!??:angel:
Sponsored